Our weekday breakfast routine has become a little stale recently, so I’ve been on the hunt for a few good recipes to shake things up a bit around here.
On the weekends my husband and I love making big family breakfasts, but during the week time is at a premium for us as it is for most busy families.
Lately I’ve been trying to switch things up a bit by prepping a few easy breakfast recipes for the week ahead – here are a few of my favorites!
- Green Chile Egg Taquitos Recipe
- Hands down one of my favorite make ahead breakfast recipes is this green chile egg taquitos recipe! These taquitos are a breeze to make and they freeze beautifully for breakfasts all week long or whenever you’re in a time crunch but don’t want to resort to cereal. Warm them up and serve them with your favorite salsa. Breakfast is served!
- Almond Joy Energy Balls Recipe
- I started making energy balls (sometimes called energy bites) a few years ago because they make such a great snack or easy breakfast paired with a cup of coffee. This Almond Joy energy ball recipes is a new favorite! They take about five minutes to whip up and keep extremely well in the fridge. They’re the perfect little bite-sized snack, plus they’re filling and quite healthy.
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Recipe
- Soft-baked oatmeal breakfast bars with none of those weird ingredients that you need to Google to figure out what they are? Sign me up for this delicious oatmeal breakfast bar recipe! They have all the ingredients you want in your breakfast bars like oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate. These bars are simple to make, delicious and make a great breakfast.
- Peach Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
- These sweet cinnamon peach muffins taste just like eating a peach cobbler, but they are lighter in calories and utterly irresistible. Packed with thick swirls of cinnamon and large chunks of peaches, you can grab one on the way out the door along with your coffee mug and you’re ready to conquer the day.
- Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats Recipe
- A few months ago my husband and I jumped fully onto the overnight oats train and there was no looking back. The ease and convenience is unparalleled in the morning, plus we add protein powder to ours for extra protein to start the day. This chocolate coconut overnight oats recipe is epic. Combine everything in individual mason jars and breakfast is ready in advance.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Breakfast Cookies Recipe
- Cookies? For breakfast? Yes! (Trust me.) Our peanut butter chocolate banana breakfast cookies recipe will have your kids up and dressed in no time just so they can nosh on these. These aren’t overly sweet like a dessert cookie and they’re satisfying first thing in the morning for adults and kiddos alike.
- Chai Apple Bars Recipe
- Made with sweet, chewy dates and tons of chai spices like cinnamon, ginger, cloves and star anise, the flavor of these chai apple bars is off the charts. These bars are studded with sliced almonds, almond butter and chunks of apple – and they are truly so easy to make! Have them for breakfast or tuck them into lunches.
- Spiced Zucchini Oatmeal Bites Recipe
- Grab a few of these spiced zucchini oatmeal bites as you are running out the door each morning and thank me later! These little no bake snacks are loaded with flavor and they’re nutrient dense making them perfect for breakfast or snacking. These soft oatmeal balls have been in heavy rotation lately in our kitchen and for good reason.
- Gluten Free Almond Joy Granola Recipe
- I love granola for snacking or for breakfast either alone or to top yogurt along with fresh fruit. This Almond Joy granola recipe is a total hit – plus it’s gluten free, too! In addition to chopped almonds, this granola has a generous amount of almond extract, which just levels up the flavor. Add sliced bananas for a filling breakfast you’ll want to eat every day.
- Savory Breakfast Muffins Recipe
- If you don’t love a sweeter breakfast, try our savory breakfast muffins! You can make them in so many ways, but I love them packed with cheese and lots of veggies like spinach and diced bell peppers. You can also add crumbled bacon, chunks of ham or browned sausage. Make a big double batch and you’ll have breakfast for the entire family ready for the week.