My husband and I decided to jumpstart the new year by committing to eating exclusively plant based for 30 days, which we started a couple days ago.
For me the transition shouldn’t be too tough! I’ve been a vegetarian for many years so I have a cache of vegetarian recipes I can adapt easily.
Even so, making a list of delicious vegan recipes to try was part of our prepwork in getting ourselves ready to take on this month-long challenge.
From desserts to dips, from soups to entrees, here are 11 vegan recipes I am trying this month! I’ll report back on my favorites.
- Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Recipe
- If you love a good take-out curry like I do, look no further than our sweet potato coconut curry recipe. Sweet potato noodles with coconut curry? Yes, please! The sauce is the star of the show here – the perfect balance of sweet coconut milk with just the right pop of curry powder all combined with the flavor that only tons of veggies can provide.
- Vegan Spicy Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles Recipe
- A good chocolate truffle has long been my weakness and there’s no way I’m making it through 30 days eating plants alone without something chocolate here and there. Our vegan spicy dark chocolate avocado truffles recipe is out of this world! Trust me – the avocado brings an added creaminess to this little treat, along with a spicy twist no one can resist.
- Roasted Tahini Maple Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Sweet potatoes are a favorite of mine so I picked up a bunch this week to roast and to also use for meal prep. This roasted tahini maple sweet potatoes recipes is on my list! They make a great side dish or a perfect addition to grain bowls loaded with quinoa, lentils and other veggies. They’re nutrient dense and add so much flavor to any dish.
- Gluten Free Sticky Garlic Noodles Recipe
- In addition to this new plant based eating adventure, I started eating primarily gluten free just shy of two years ago. This gluten free sticky garlic noodles recipe has my name written all over it! The garlic sauce is totally addictive and these noodles make an easy weeknight dinner that everyone will love. They’re made with bean spaghetti – it has a good bite to it and it means the noodles are loaded with protein so you don’t have to add more.
- Vegan Banana Ice Cream with Cookie Dough Recipe
- I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t already tried and fallen in love with this vegan banana ice cream with cookie dough recipe – it’s so good! This vegan ice cream is made from bananas, peanut butter, chickpeas, dairy-free chocolate chips, cinnamon and vanilla. It’s every bit as good as it sounds. Don’t wrinkle your nose over the chickpeas! I promise it all totally works.
- Vegan Buffalo Patties Recipe
- If you’re like us and you do a lot of entertaining (especially for game days), then having a fun little appetizer or snack up your sleeve is essential when testing out the vegan eating waters. These vegan Buffalo patties, served with a creamy avocado dipping sauce, are absolutely happening as we enter the football playoff season. They pack all the spice of Buffalo wings in a tasty, crunchy vegan patty.
- Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Oftentimes, eating plant-based does not need to be overly complicated nor require any kind of specialized ingredients. Enter this Olive Garden minestrone soup copycat recipe! It’s packed with flavor, made all in one pan, is full of all sorts of veggies and even pasta, all in a delicious rich tomato based broth. Serve with crusty bread and call it dinner.
- Beet Hummus Recipe
- This roasted beet hummus recipe is about to change the minds of the beet skeptics the world over – mark my words. This hummus has all of the texture and snackability of traditional hummus, but with a subtle beet quality, not to mention a sensational color. Pair it with tons of sliced veggies for a fun addition to lunch a great part of a game day snack spread.
- Instant Pot Tahini Cashew Curry Recipe
- Our Instant Pot tahini cashew curry is full of flavor and ready in a flash! This hearty vegan dish is packed with veggies making a wonderful quick dinner – plus the leftovers make an incredible lunch the next day. This creamy golden pot of simmering, spicy curry delight is one you can make in under 20 minutes, a huge win for curry fans.
- Vegan Banana Split Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- Much like our vegan cookie dough ice cream, this vegan banana split smoothie bowl recipe is a long time favorite of mine. Our now seven year daughter also loves it and regularly asks me to make her smoothie bowls. Bowls of creamy, frosty banana goodness piled with crunchy peanuts, fresh strawberries and a few chunks of chocolate are life changing.