With ingredients found at the farmer’s markets or plucked from the backyard garden, fresh summer food just hits differently than other times of the year.
While I am not one to jump the gun on pumpkin spice latte season before its time, there’s no denying that fall always creeps up faster than expected.
From savory dinners to our favorite snacks and salads, these easy recipes are the ones you need to make before summer is officially over.
- Beet Hummus Recipe
- If you are lucky enough to have a garden or a farmer’s market overflowing with fresh beets, you have to make this beet hummus recipe before summer is over! Roasting the beets along with garlic gives this hummus amazing flavor and the texture ends up surprisingly creamy. Even if you think you don’t like beets, trust me and give this one a try. I think you’ll find yourself surprised!
- Grilled Caprese Avocado Chicken Recipe
- Kick your basic grilled chicken up a notch for one last summer bash with this grilled caprese avocado chicken recipe. Drizzled with a balsamic reduction, this is an easy recipe that is perfect for your next patio party! There’s tomato, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves, all layered with juicy grilled chicken and then everything is topped with balsamic. What’s not to love?!
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
- I’m still making the most of the late summer zucchini harvest and these Italian sausage zucchini boats aren’t one to skip! With a fresh tomato sauce and savory sausage over farm fresh zucchini, all sprinkled with a little cheese on top, everyone will be begging for seconds. This stuffed zucchini makes a great side to a summer picnic menu, but it also makes a great main dish!
- Zucchini and Hummus Pita Sandwiches Recipe
- Sometimes the best way to host a picnic is by serving sandwiches that are easy to make yet totally wow your friends. Enter these zucchini and hummus pita sandwiches! They’re loaded with vegetables and ready in just 30 minutes, pairing grilled veggies with creamy hummus, tangy feta cheese and spinach.
- Peaches and Cream Pie Recipe
- Sweet peaches with whipped cream and a graham cracker crust? Count me in! I’m a sucker for all things pie and peaches. Put them together and it’s a match made in heaven! This peaches and cream pie is the ultimate summer dessert. It’s light and sweet, loaded with fresh summer fruit.
- Loaded Guacamole Recipe
- This loaded guacamole recipe is a huge hit every time making it a favorite summer recipe – and it’s so easy! The base is an easy guacamole recipe loaded up with all the toppings you could ever want. We’re talking crumbled bacon, queso fresco, diced tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, jalapeño pepper slices and even green chiles!
- Paleo Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa Recipe
- These simple blackened shrimp lettuce wraps topped in fresh mango salsa make the perfect summer swan song. The list of spices for the blackened seasoning is a bit long but there’s a solid chance almost every home cook has everything in their spice cabinet that you need right now. The shrimp is quickly sautéed in avocado oil for a super flavorful dish that truly takes minutes to make.
- Grilled Herb Hummus Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- These grilled herb chicken kebabs are marinated in a wonderfully delicious hummus marinade made with lots of lemon juice, parsley, mint and extra tahini. It’s tangy, zesty and fresh, and adds so much flavor to the grilled chicken. Serve your kebabs with all your favorite sides or pair them simply with herbed rice all drizzled with extra marinade.
- Broiled Eggplant Sandwich Recipe
- Eggplant is a summer star and these broiled eggplant sandwiches are another surprisingly easy option for a late summer picnic. These sandwiches are packed full of flavorful vegetables and smothered with a lemony avocado mash. Add crunchy cucumbers, crisp lettuce, a handful of fresh basil and a few slices of red onion. They add loads of texture and flavor making each bite crispy, creamy, crunchy, and bright.
- Miso Glazed Burger Recipe
- No summer picnic is complete without a good burger! These miso glazed burgers are truly special and worthy of one final summer patio dinner. These spicy burgers are smothered in a rich miso glaze that brings out all the savory beef flavors and then topped with Asian cucumber pickles. Your friends won’t know what hit them but they’ll definitely be asking for seconds.
- Boozy Nutella Popsicles Recipe
- Because even grown-ups love popsicles, make these boozy Nutella popsicles before summer is over! Most grocery stores sell bourbon extract if you are looking for the flavor without the alcohol! A couple of teaspoons of alcohol-free vanilla extract can also be used as a substitute for the bourbon.
- Bean Dip Recipe
- This slightly spicy bean dip is creamy, cheesy, and perfect for scooping! It barely takes five minutes to put it together, then just toss it in the oven to let it heat and get melty and gooey. I love topping it with pickled jalapeño slices, tomatoes, a big spoonful of sour cream, cilantro and thinly sliced green onions so you get a bit of crunch along with the creamy bean dip itself.
- Quinoa Greek Salad Recipe
- This quinoa Greek salad recipe is another of those salads that is light, fresh and ideal for serving with grilled chicken, meats or seafood. I love Mediterranean flavors, especially in the warmer summer months, so this quinoa salad is right up my alley. The prep is so super easy and I’ve never brought home leftovers when I’ve brought it along to pass at a summer potluck.