There’s something about the longer nights, the sun peeking out from the clouds, and flowers popping up from the ground that just makes us crave salads. Call it a return to our New Year’s resolutions. Call it the realization that summer (and swimsuits) are fast approaching. Just plain call it a good time to stuff our faces with the freshest of veggies.
We love salads because we can put whatever we want on them and know that no matter what, we’re eating our vegetables. Plus, there aren’t many foods we can put into a giant bowl and still feel good about after consuming. There’s a reason why Seinfeld devoted a whole plot line to the big salad.
Whether you like your salads on the side or front and center, we’ve gathered 13 of our very best for you to make today. You won’t regret it.
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- You can never go wrong with Caesar salad, and adding chicken just makes it even better.
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa is so hot right now… even when it’s a cold salad! Feta and olives add Greek flair to this ancient grain.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- An excuse to eat more strawberries? Yes please! This refreshing salad is a crowd-pleaser.
- Edamame Salad
- Who needs lettuce? This sweet and spicy bean salad is fantastic for a picnic.
- Farro Salad
- Great grains! Farro is made fun with pineapple and spinach.
- Brussels Sprouts Salad
- We admit it: we’re obsessed with Brussels sprouts! This salad features a tangy dressing and plenty of fruit.
- Chopped Salad
- This chopped salad is full of flavor. Now that’s a big salad.
- Healthy Potato Salad
- You know you need potato salad for your picnics. Our version is way better than store-bought, and healthier too!
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Pasta salads are still salads – and they’re extremely delicious, especially when topped with Greek goodness.
- Panzanella Salad
- A salad based on bread? Sold! Our panzanella salad also has yummy green olives and proscuitto to make it a meal!
- Fava Bean Salad
- Fava beans stand out in this salad that also features walnuts and shallots. Serve it with Chianti, of course.