Going out to dinner on Valentine’s Day can be a lot of fun, but let’s be honest, it’s mostly reserved for amateurs. If you really want to impress your date, cook them dinner instead!
Restaurants will be packed on the 14th and typically do their best to squeeze in as many people as possible – some even add tables to their dining room.
Being surrounded by a hundred other people doesn’t exactly scream romance. Cooking one of these delicious dinner recipes, however, does.
Even if you’re not a great cook, this list conveniently features recipes that anyone can do, no matter your skill level. You can thank me later.
- Chicken Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- If you can boil liquid and pan sear chicken, then this chicken asparagus pasta recipe is the Valentine’s Day dinner recipe for you. Minimal skill is required and it only requires a few simple ingredients. The lemon is a nice touch to add a vibrant flavor, bringing the creamy sauce to life. This one is a perpetual hit. Your date will be seriously impressed – trust me.
- Miso Glazed Salmon Recipe
- If you’re not familiar with miso, it’s a Japanese seasoning paste that is truly amazing. When it comes to this miso glazed salmon recipe, it takes practically no time to put together and broil. Serve it with rice and vegetables or whatever your little cupid heart desires. This is another one of those dinner recipes that is crazy impressive while being simpler to make than you’d imagine.
- Chipotle Flank Steak with Avocado Salsa Recipe
- Flank steak is one of the most underrated cuts of beef. When cooked properly and cut against the grain, it becomes extremely tender and flavorful. With this chipotle flank steak recipe, the chipotle adds some zip while the avocado salsa cools it down. This is one of those wildly impressive dishes that’s totally achievable, but perfect for marking a special occasion.
- Grilled Stuffed Zucchini with Shrimp Recipe
- We call these zucchini boats and they are all the rage in our house. When it comes to this grilled stuffed zucchini recipe with shrimp – they look fancy and taste like you’ve spent all day preparing them, which I love. The recipe itself calls for the use of an outdoor grill but it can easily be done inside if the weather is too cold to want to grill outside on Valentine’s Day.
- Gnocchi Casserole Recipe
- Gnocchi are basically Italian dumplings that are served in a rich broth or sauce. This recipe gets the casserole treatment and utilizes packaged gnocchi resulting in a gnocchi casserole recipe that is worthy of Valentine’s Day, dinner parties and basically any other special occasion you might celebrate. Topped with fresh mozzarella slices, you won’t be able to resist seconds.
- Easy Chili Marmalade Chicken Recipe
- This sweet and spicy dish is one of our favorites! Our easy chili marmalade chicken recipe is totally easy to put together and goes great over rice, quinoa, or even Chinese egg noodles. If you want to kick up the spice, try adding chili flakes. The sauce is rich and full of flavor and the chicken cooks up juicy and tender making it perfect for a date night at home.
- Easy Three Bean Chocolate Chili Recipe
- Maybe you and your date aren’t into candles and fancy dinners and would rather eat chili and watch the game. This chili made with chocolate is the only chili recipe you’ll ever need. And no, it doesn’t taste like chocolate, but the chocolate does add a great depth of flavor to this easy three bean chili recipe. It’s like your favorite chili recipe – only better.
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe
- Meatloaf may not sound very romantic, but if you made this bacon wrapped meatloaf recipe for me, I would know it was love at first sight. Serve it with mashed potatoes and I might just have to propose on the spot! Don’t discount a comfort food classic like this meatloaf recipe as the perfect cozy dinner at home for Valentine’s Day. You can’t go wrong here.
- Honey Mustard Chicken with Bacon Recipe
- Our honey mustard chicken with bacon recipe is every so slightly more involved than some of the previous recipes – but I know you can do it! I have faith in you! The end results are totally worth the effort and you’ll even impress yourself. Besides, when are you going to go all out to make one seriously delicious dinner if not when cooking Valentine’s Day dinner at home?
- Maple Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Maple, apple and pork go together like Ross and Rachel – they were just meant to be! Our maple apple pork chops recipe is no exception to the rule. This meal is especially great because it all takes place in one large skillet, making cleanup a breeze. At the same time, the end results are flavorful and feels just fancy enough to be really special for Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Instant Pot Crispy Carnitas Tostadas Recipe
- If you haven’t made pork carnitas in the Instant Pot, then you need to stop what you’re doing and make this recipe for our Instant Pot crispy carnitas tostadas. You can thank me later. In fact – you’re going to want to make extra because you’ll be adding it to everything all week. If you and your sweetheart love Mexican food, this one is for you.
- Asian Nicoise Salad Recipe
- If you and your sweetheart love a really great veggie-packed meal or simply love tuna, you need to try our Asian nicoise salad recipe. This twist on a classic nicoise salad boasts tons of veggies with delicate tuna on a bed of spinach with a flavor packed garlic ginger dressing. You won’t even miss the pasta.