We tend to celebrate Father’s Day pretty simply around here – good food, a few rounds of cornhole and maybe a frosty beverage or two.
My husband travels for work so spending time at home is his preferred way to celebrate, and I won’t complain about an excuse to hang in the backyard.
Like me, said husband is very into all things food. He’s also an avid and proficient cook, and we enjoy experimenting with new recipes frequently.
Here I’m sharing 15 Father’s Day recipe that will make any father figure in your world feel like a true superhero. Give them a try!
- BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
- Allow me to assure you – these are not your average barbecue chicken wings! No, these New Orleans style barbecue wings are a wildly flavorful taste sensation sure to make the day of any wing-loving dad on Father’s Day. Layers upon layers of spice, sweetness and citrus make this barbecue sauce one of a kind – so good in fact we’d never limit ourselves to using it just on wings!
- Carne Asada Steak Tacos with Fries Recipe
- These carne asada steak tacos with fries boast all the flavors of Dad’s favorite carne asada fries, but in handheld form! The spicy, rich carne asada steak will knock his socks off. The steak is then piled underneath avocado, red onion, and most importantly, fries. This recipe will give Dad something to taco ’bout on Father’s Day. (Sorry, I couldn’t resist the dad joke!)
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steaks Recipe
- If Dad is a meat and potatoes kind of person, don’t skip trying our recipe for slow cooker salisbury steaks! One of our most popular recipes of all time, these hearty ground beef patties are loaded with flavor and absolutely delicious served with either egg noodles or buttery, garlic-packed mashed potatoes.
- Pimm’s and Tonic Recipe
- I always find Father’s Day to be a fun time to experiment with a summery cocktail that my husband might not otherwise try. Take our classic Pimm’s and tonic recipe for instance! Pimm’s No.1 Liqueur, gin, tonic, fresh cucumber and lime combine to make one seriously refreshing cocktail, perfect for sipping while standing around the grill on Father’s Day.
- Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- If the dad or father figure you’re treating is a pasta fan, give our skillet lasagna recipe a try! Its a cinch to make in just one pot (I love making it in a cast iron skillet) yet it boasts everything Dad loves about lasagna. Layers of noodles, delicious tomato sauce, chunks of sausage, lots of mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Chipotle Flank Steak with Avocado Salsa Recipe
- Let’s be honest – there are a lot of dad types who associate Father’s Day with steak and I think if steak is what they want, steak is what they should absolutely get! Our chipotle flank steak is perfect for feeding the whole family on Father’s Day and it’s paired with an avocado salsa for finished a dish that is tangy, bright and spicy in all the best ways possible.
- BBQ Blue Cheese BLT Recipe
- I’ll never knock the love for a classic BLT sandwich, but for Father’s Day maybe serve Dad a BLT with a little kick? Thick cut bacon is coated in a tasty barbecue seasoning then baked before the sandwiches are assembled. Pairing perfectly with the spicy sweetness of the barbecue sauce is thick wedges of blue cheese creating one epic BLT.
- Smothered Burrito Recipe
- This burrito is loaded up with a mixture of ground beef, beans and tons of ooey, gooey, melted cheese. Simple yet hearty and filling – perfect for Father’s Day for a dad who loves a good burrito. The whole thing is then smothered in a chili gravy that is a head turner. Finish off your burritos with all of your favorite burrito toppings and then thank me later.
- Salted Caramel Milkshake Recipe
- While my husband is not often a dessert guy, he can absolutely be talked into a good dessert on Father’s Day. Our decadent salted caramel milkshakes pair perfectly with grilled meats or spicy foods making them a perfect accompaniment to your Father’s Day feast.
- Skillet Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe
- This recipe for skillet beef tips and gravy is about to become a new favorite with the dad in your life. A simple, hearty one pot dish these beef tips are special enough for Father’s Day, but also easy enough to make on any given weeknight, coming together in just about a half hour.
- Tex Mex Enchilada Meatballs Recipe
- These juicy and flavorful Tex Mex enchilada meatballs are made with a combination of ground beef and chorizo, then simmered in a Texas style homemade enchilada sauce. I think they’re perfect as an appetizer but also a hit as a main dish, either piled up with a bunch of yummy sides or stuffed into a hoagie roll to make the tastiest meatball sub Dad has ever tried.
- Avocado Prosciutto Brie Sandwiches Recipe
- If the dad you are celebrating on Father’s Day is a sandwich fanatic, give our avocado prosciutto brie sandwich a try! The sweet and spicy blood orange mango chutney pairs beautifully with the salty prosciutto, melted brie and buttery croissants. Fresh arugula and sliced avocado on top bring the whole thing together to create one truly memorable sandwich.
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
- If you’re going to be grilling on Father’s Day (or if Dad is insisting on doing the grilling himself), I love these Italian sausage stuffed zucchini boats to accompany your favorite grilled chicken or burger recipe. Made with fresh, savory tomato sauce, your choice of sweet or spicy Italian sausage, and a sprinkle of cheese, you can’t go wrong.
- Hawaiian Burger Recipe
- Father’s Day wouldn’t be Father’s Day if we didn’t talk about at least one of our favorite burger recipes. This Hawaiian burger recipe is that recipe – a showstopper of a burger that the dad in your life will love. It’s made with both beef and pork then topped with sweet grilled pineapple, teriyaki onions, bacon and Havarti all piled onto a brioche bun.