Freezer meals are the ultimate weeknight hack for busy families. They allow you to save time where you’re running late or being pulled in a million directions.
I love freezing meals because between sports, busy social schedules and a hectic lifestyle, it’s hard to always have the time, motivation, or desire to cook.
Sometimes it’s also just hard to feel inspired to find something to eat, so pulling it out of the freezer and reheating a homemade meal is an easy solution.
Freezer meals also save money! When I don’t feel like cooking, it’s easy to order pizza, which hits the budget hard when you do it regularly or for a large family.
I love being able to stick to my food budget with ease and these 15 freezer meals are the ticket to affordabale, delicious and easy weeknight dinners.
- Beef Lombardi Recipe
- Our beef lombardi recipe is a one pot casserole dish that has it all – savory beef, cheese, and tomatoes paired with egg noodles. Kids and adults alike will love this recipe, and it is so easy to freeze and reheat. While it’s reheating, whip together a crunchy side salad for a complete and filling dinner, or serve it solo.
- Tex Mex Breakfast Sheet Pan Frittata Recipe
- Frittata is an awesome dish to serve for breakfast, brunch, or one of my family’s favorites – breakfast for dinner. This Tex Mex breakfast sheet pan frittata is delicious and so easy to prep plus you can cut corners and save loads of time by having this ready to go at any time. You can also easily portion it and freeze it for quick and easy meals on the go.
- Barefoot Contessa Meatloaf Recipe
- Meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food, and preparing several trays ahead of time is such a simple solution. I love to buy enough to make at least three meatloaf trays at a time – once you’re already mixing and molding meatloaf, why not keep going? This Barefoot contessa meatloaf recipe is a great recipe for meatloaf lovers and it freezes easily.
- Green Chile Egg Taquitos Recipe
- Taquitos are a simple grab-and-go breakfast or snack solution for busy families, and keeping them frozen and in bulk means you can rest assured that you and your family will always have a quick and easy breakfast ready as you walk out the door. These green chile egg taquitos also make a great dinner or even snack for hungry kids.
- Three Bean Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Chili is a huge go-to dinner in my home. It’s so easy to make, tastes delicious, is filling and nutritionally dense, and can be customized to meet your family’s personal tastes. This three bean vegetarian chili is perfect for all taste buds, plus you can easily double it up and freeze half of it to reheat for future dinners. That’s a win-win in my book!
- Easy Cheeseburger Skillet Recipe
- This easy cheeseburger skillet dinner is going to be a favorite dinner that you’ll look forward to serving. I love making dinner that I know my kids are going to devour – there’s nothing worse than making a huge dinner and watching it all get scraped into the trash. No worries about that with this delicious meal. Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for later.
- Tex Mex Enchilada Meatballs Recipe
- We love nachos, tacos, and anything Tex Mex, and these Tex Mex enchilada meatballs are no exception. These are excellent with dinner, served on top of rice that you can make in just minutes, or served as an appetizer. It’s awesome to have something on hand that you can whip out to serve at a party or get-together without using up more of your precious time as host!
- Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Meatless meals are some of our favorites in my family. My daughter being a vegetarian has helped me explore new recipes, like this veggie enchilada casserole recipe. Keep extra cheese on hand to freshen up the top of your frozen and re-heated dish, and serve with sour cream, salsa, and jalapeños for that added touch.
- Bean and Cheese Taquitos Recipe
- I like to make food ahead for my kids to heat up on evenings where I have to work late. I know they appreciate the effort and time I put in to give them something homemade even if I can’t be there with them. These bean and cheese taquitos are super easy to make, but are filling and flavorful. Everyone can dip them into their favorite sauces or salsas, too!
- Short Rib Mexican Skillet Pie Recipe
- Lately there have been huge sales on short ribs in my area, making this the ideal time to purchase them in bulk and prepare them while they’re fresh. This short rib Mexican skillet pie recipe is basically a nacho casserole, so tell me why your family wouldn’t be on board! Double or triple the recipe and freeze it up – your future self will thank you!
- Skillet Meatball Lasagna Recipe
- My children love meatball subs, spaghetti and meatballs, or a tasty meatball appetizer, so this simple skillet meatball lasagna recipe is perfect to serve them and simple to make for me. It can be made in bulk without going overboard on spending or time, which is a huge plus when you’re busy and trying to stay on track financially.
- Goulash Soup Recipe
- This goulash soup recipe is quick and easy to make, and will be appealing to anyone who likes the bite of paprika and the comfort of a hearty roast. Serve it with classic grilled cheese sandwiches to tempt kids and adults alike. Most soups freeze really well and this one is no exception – place the frozen soup in a big pot to reheat and dinner is served.
- Beef Mushroom Rigatoni Recipe
- This comfort food classic is delicious and healthy, checking all the boxes for a perfect dinner that’s quick and easy to serve without asking anyone to compromise. You can replace ground beef for turkey in this beef mushroom rigatoni recipe, and mix up the type of pasta noodle if you want to get creative!
- Mexican Rice Skillet Recipe
- Skillet dinners are so easy to make, which makes preparing them to freeze for later an absolute breeze. For this Mexican rice skillet recipe, you will prepare the skillet recipe and then purchase the fresh items that you’ll sprinkle on top. If you substitute avocado with guacamole, you’ll keep the texture and flavor without needing to have a fresh veggie on hand last minute.