Maybe you don’t mind the below freezing temps, icy roads and inches of snow, but even after a lifetime in Maine, I’m still wrapping my head around winter.
Suffice it to say, I am not really a winter person. But, I do try. I love snowshoeing, building snowmen with the kids, occasionally tagging along with friends for a day of ice fishing – as long as there’s a nice spot to warm up!
Honestly, one of my favorite things about winter is slowing down a bit and staying inside with my family where it’s nice and warm.
It’s the perfect time to cuddle up, watch movies, play games, reconnect, and of course, eat comfort food that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Here are 17 winter recipes to help fight off the winter blues and warm you up!
- Skillet Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe
- I love beef tips – filling and tasty, they always hit the spot. This recipe for our super popular skillet beef tips and gravy is almost like a beef stew remix, combining beef tips and veggies with a savory gravy that will give you that home cooked comfort feel you’re seeking on a cold winter’s night. This is my idea of comfort food at it’s very finest.
- Chicken Asparagus Pasta Recipe
- At long last I have finally gotten my kids on board with eating asparagus, so we have been trying it just about every way possible – as a side, added into recipes, or in a rich cream sauce, as in this recipe. Also, pasta? Yes. Always pasta. Our chicken asparagus pasta is the definition of easy comfort food making it perfect for dinner when you’re snowed in.
- Greek Gyro Skillet Recipe
- One pot recipes are so simple and delicious, especially when it’s something you haven’t had a million times – like this Greek gyro skillet recipe! A couple years ago, I was introduced to the amazing world of gyros and I haven’t looked back. This recipe uses all the same flavors of your favorite gyro in a simple skillet recipe you’ll find yourself making again and again.
- Goulash Soup Recipe
- Warm, comforting, and perfectly balanced, this delicious goulash soup recipe is simple enough to make everyone happy but spiced enough to stand out in a crowd. The tasty blend of paprika, garlic and peppers is incredible and guaranteed to heat you up from the inside out in no time. There’s nothing better than soup in the winter and this one is a true winner.
- Slow Cooker Salisbury Steaks Recipe
- There is something so cozy about slow cooking on a cold, dreary day – the delicious fragrance wafting through the air, the awesome hands-off approach that I, personally, can’t get enough of, and the slight warmth that radiates off the Crock Pot all make it seem so homey. Our slow cooker Salisbury steak recipe, paired with egg noodles, is a comfort food you won’t soon forget. It’s our most popular recipe of all time!
- Slow Cooker Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage Recipe
- Another slow cooker recipe for the win, I love this warming, tasty Tuscan white bean soup with sausage. This soup is so super easy to put together and your Crock Pot does most of the work for you – perfect to have dinner waiting for you on busy weeknights! Sprinkle with cheese and serve with warm, fresh bread for a filling dinner.
- Lemon Chicken Linguine Recipe
- Easy, delicious, and creamy, this flavorful pasta dish is satisfying and simple. I love linguine dishes because they leave me feeling comfortably full for hours, and tend to taste great because I am such a sucker for a good cream sauce. This flavorful lemon chicken linguine recipe is like nothing you’ve had before, while being incredibly simple to make it, and you’ll love it for both reasons.
- Instant Pot Honey Mustard Pork Chops Recipe
- I absolutely love honey mustard paired with pork. I am the first to dip my delicious ham dinner into spiced mustard so this Instant Pot honey mustard pork chops recipe is right up my alley. Plus, because it’s made in the Instant Pot, it only takes a few minutes to make. It tastes great paired with veggies of any kind – for cold, wintery days, think roasted sheet pan potatoes and vegetables.
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- One of my favorite things about pork tenderloin is how well it pairs with any sauce or flavor combination. Truly neutral, you can spice it up, add gravy, or in this case, whip up a simple but delicious Asian-inspired soy sauce. Our Instant Pot pork tenderloin recipe is a true winner, coming together in under a half hour.
- Mince and Dumplings Recipe
- Minced beef cooked with vegetables, beef stock, and delicious, pillowy dumplings makes for such a filling, delicious, hearty dinner. Fill your home with the fragrant combination of garlicky red sauce, red wine and beef with our classic British recipe for mince and dumplings. There’s simply no greater winter comfort food than mince and dumplings.
- Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- Another one pot hero of the kitchen, this epic baked potato soup recipe is going to fill you up and keep you feeling cuddly and cozy this winter. Garnish with sour cream, diced green onions, shredded cheddar cheese, and crumbled bacon to make it a complete meal unto itself or pair it with your favorite sandwich for an easy lunch or delicious dinner.
- Instant Pot Cajun Chili Recipe
- The only thing better than chili is Instant Pot chili and this recipe for our fan favorite Instant Pot cajun chili will hit the spot on all accounts. Your Instant Pot will make this delicious dinner an almost immediate reality, which is great after a long day at work and coming home to shoveling a walkway!
- Everything Bagel Chicken Recipe
- Everything bagel seasoning is good on, well, everything! And chicken filled with cream cheese is obviously one of the many reasons to give it a try. Cream cheese in, on, or even near just about anything is an instant win all on its own, but this everything bagel chicken recipe is a true champion of easy dinners.
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- I’ve finally got a couple of my kids to understand the amazing flavor profile of sautéed mushrooms, meaning two things. One, I can say I’ve succeeded as a mother, and two, now someone is fighting me over the leftover mushrooms left in the pan. You can’t win ‘em all, but you can please everyone with this deliciously creamy pasta recipe that features mushrooms as a main ingredient.
- Tex Mex Enchilada Meatballs Recipe
- Enchiladas are a big hit in my home, and this fun Tex Mex enchilada meatballs recipe brings a new life to a beloved flavor combination. My kids and I have been getting into meatballs lately, especially after they figured out that you can put jelly and BBQ sauce on them. Combining them with one of our favorite dinners is sure to be a hit after a day of sledding!
- Beef Lombardi Recipe
- Our wildly tasty one pot beef Lombardi recipe will fill you up and make you feel warm and toasty even when you’re facing sleet and freezing rain. Enjoy a heaping serving of this pasta dish that’s loaded with beef, cheese, and tomato – an ultimate comfort food.