It’s here! Sweet, hot, sunny summer – and I couldn’t be happier to usher in the season of swimming, outdoor activities, lazy mornings and flip flops.
There’s really nothing better than rushing out the door last minute and not having to layer up, shovel snow, or worry about driving on slick, icy roads.
I am a huge fan of the slip on your shoes and head out for adventure kind of attitude that summer brings – it’s the perfect vibes in my world!
One of the tough things about summer for me is cooking. I don’t want to spend hours in a kitchen that’s already hot, exhausting myself just to eat dinner.
In fact, sometimes my appetite is barely there, so I am always on the hunt for inspiration that will make me feel compelled to eat on those toasty days.
With that in mind, here are 19 of our best recipes to beat the summer heat and easily enjoy one of my favorite seasons without a lot of fuss!
- Loaded Guacamole Recipe
- Fresh, light, and loaded with bold, cheerful colors, this loaded guacamole recipe is the perfect way to load up on tastiness while keeping cool. Perfect for midday poolside snacks or a light meal your whole family can enjoy, this guacamole recipe pairs especially well with fresh veggies, crackers or corn chips. It’s easy to make and even easier to enjoy all summer long.
- Oatmeal Cookie Blueberry Peach Cobbler Recipe
- This dessert is the summer equivalent to apple crisp in the fall, combining all your seasonal favorites in one tasty dish that pairs well with cool, fresh vanilla ice cream. Top this oatmeal cookie blueberry peach cobbler recipe with chocolate chips for an added oomph that you don’t need but won’t refuse. This one is an absolute family favorite for good reason!
- Easy Tex Mex Veggie + Rice Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Stuffed peppers are a huge hit in my home – even my kids absolutely love them! I tend to make them using yellow or orange peppers to make them sweeter and more appealing for young tastebuds – and my own, let’s be real. These easy Tex Mex veggie and rice stuffed peppers are simple to make and can be packed up for leftovers for lunch the next day, so make some extra!
- Jerk Chicken Mango Avocado Sliders Recipe
- I love sliders mostly because you can have one or a few, depending on how you feel. While a traditional sandwich might be too big, a slider or a few sliders is exactly right. This jerk chicken slider recipe calls for flavorful summer favorites like mango and avocado, which are refreshing and taste amazing. This recipe pairs well with fruit salads or green salads alike.
- Best Turkey Burgers Recipe
- I love a good burger in the summer! It is grilling season, after all. That said, when it’s muggy out, I don’t always have the appetite for the richness of a ground beef burger. Turkey burgers are awesome because all the same toppings taste great, they’re a bit better for your health, and they sit lighter in your stomach. This is our best turkey burger recipe by far – try it!
- Loaded Crunchy Taco Salad Recipe
- I love a good taco salad! This simple yet filling loaded crunchy taco salad recipe is great as a stand alone dinner that checks all the boxes for a unique, summer dinner that you’ll love to make and enjoy. Crisp veggies, fresh greens, seasoned ground beef, beans and crunchy bits of tortilla chips are topped with a homemade creamy tomatillo dressing you don’t want to skip.
- Vegan Zucchini Bread with Five Spice Recipe
- Your coworker has them, your neighbor has them, your farmer’s market has them – ’tis the season when everyone has them. Zucchini! Use up that excess abundance of zucchini from everyone’s gardens this year by trying out this delicious vegan zucchini bread made with Five Spice. This bread recipe is delicious and perfect for breakfast, dessert or as a snack.
- Bean Dip Recipe
- Just about everyone loves bean dip! Trust me when I say, even people who don’t love beans will find themselves enjoying this tasty, cheesy bean dip that gives you plenty of protein and fills you up without making you feel bogged down. I love serving this easy dip recipe at parties but it can also be served as a light meal, making it perfect for the hot summer months.
- Peach Raspberry Galette Recipe
- Fresh fruit is one of my favorite parts about summer, and this raspberry peach galette recipe is an amazing way to enjoy fresh, seasonal fruits. A galette is essentially a freeform pie so it’s not fussy to make while serving up a light, sweet end to any meal this summer. You can even make it in a cast iron skillet on the grill! Should you top it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream? Yes you should.
- Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
- Pasta salad is a summer go-to for me. It’s great for serving at barbecues, it pairs well with grilled meats, and it holds its own for a quick, cool dinner when you know you’ve got to eat something but you’re just not sure what you feel like. This taco pasta salad is unique, flavorful and easy to make, checking all the summer boxes. I enjoy it with a fruity seltzer to cool down and stay hydrated!
- Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
- Our delicious chicken fajita salad is healthy, fresh, flavorful, and everyone in your household will enjoy customizing it to suit their own personal preferences. This salad is also great as a leftover the next day, so separate your greens and build it one at a time to keep it from wilting so you can enjoy it for lunch the next day, too. You’ll be making this one all summer long.
- Cilantro Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe
- There is something about this cilantro tomato avocado salad recipe that I can’t resist – I just adore this tossed vegetable salad, especially with the added queso fresco. You can also mix it up and add goat cheese or feta for that taste of tanginess. I love to add olives to mine for even more flavor, but also because I love olives and will add them to just about everything.
- Grilled Caprese Avocado Chicken Recipe
- I am the caprese queen. I love it as a salad, a pizza, a bread, a chicken topper (as is the case with this grilled caprese avocado chicken recipe), or really just about any way I can get it. The addition of avocado adds healthy fats that are great for your brain and fill you up without pushing the limit. Enjoy this tasty chicken after a long day of swimming and thank me later.
- Kale Blueberry Pineapple Salad Recipe
- Kale is a step above and beyond lettuce, both in terms of flavor and nutrients, and makes a great base for this kale blueberry pineapple salad recipe that combines sweet with savory for the perfect lunch or dinner this summer. Feta cheese adds a bit of salt to make this salad complete and balanced. No heat required, this salad will become a new summer favorite.
- Homemade Otter Pops Recipe
- Otter Pops are the classic staple of summer refreshment and fun. I think back to my own childhood days of trying to see how many I could convince my mom to let me have, especially now that my own kids do the same thing! Make your own Otter Pops and customize flavors and colors for the perfect summer refresher.
- Carne Asada Steak Tacos with Fries Recipe
- I love a good taco and I love to mix things up and try something new. These carne asada tacos are perfect for people exactly like me who love the familiar flavors done in a new way to bring zest to a classic favorite. Fries on top are the perfect way to round out this unique recipe that everyone will love. This is a taco recipe that just sings of summer.
- Quinoa Avocado Salad Recipe
- Quinoa is a filling, healthy grain with a nutty flavor that tastes great served hot or cold. If you’re looking for something that has more heft than a salad with a green base but not as heavy as a full meaty meal, this quinoa avocado salad is the perfect compromise. It will be delicious as a light yet filling dinner, but also incredible as a refreshing lunch.