I am truly passionate about cooking, which goes a long way toward explaining my career as a food writer and recipe developer. It’s more than fitting.
That said, I am an extremely busy mom, juggling all of the typical household management in addition to my little one’s very active schedule as a dancer.
All of that to say? Sometimes figuring out what to make for dinner is the toughest part of my day, especially after thiking and writing about food all day.
Lately I have found throwing my hands up and dialing it in on the dinner front more often than I’d like, which is where this particular ramble comes into play.
If you, like me, seem to never have enough easy dinner ideas at the ready, here are 7 suggestions for what to make for dinner this week!
- Skillet Beef Tips and Gravy Recipe
- Don’t be intimidated by our skillet beef tips and gravy recipe – I know it looks extravagant, but in reality it is so simple to make. Promise. This skillet beef tips and gravy is a simple and hearty one pot meal you can prep ahead. Once everything is chopped, it’s quick and easy to put together – the perfect weeknight dinner recipe to get a delicious dinner on the table in under an hour.
- Easy Cheeseburger Skillet Recipe
- Trust me when I say that our easy cheeseburger skillet recipe is a total win of a meal. It’s easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and simple to clean up – everything I am looking for when it comes to easy dinner ideas. This cheeseburger skillet dinner starts with lean ground beef, onions and seasoning before adding orzo and topping it off with mustard, tomatoes, pickles, and cheese.
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- This creamy mushroom pasta recipe is a huge win with mushroom lovers and for good reason. A luscious and creamy mushroom sauce is tossed with pasta, and it’s ready in just minutes so it is perfect for busy weeknights! You can use whatever your favorite mushrooms are for this recipe. If you have white button mushrooms, then go for it. Crimini mushrooms would also be great.
- Pizza Quesadilla Recipe
- Making simple, flavorful variations of quesadillas is such a simple way to make dinner as easy as possible. Enter our pizza quesadilla recipe and you’ve got the best of two crowd favorites! Turn your favorite pizza into a quesadilla for a quick and easy dinner tonight or any night of the week. Fill your quesadillas with pepperoni, sausage, peppers, black olives, or whatever your favorite is, then serve with pizza sauce on the side for dipping.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos Recipe
- My kids love sheet pan nachos for dinner and I happen to agree with them! These sheet pan chicken nachos are no exception. You can make a full tray of nachos for the whole family in just minutes. Customize things based on what your family likes, and get a dinner on the table that your family will love in no time at all. Add all your favorite toppings and dinner is served.
- Pesto Chicken Pull Apart Sliders Recipe
- This is, hands down, one of my very favorite easy dinner ideas – I recommend these pesto chicken pull apart sliders to friends all the time! They make the perfect quick and easy dinner, and the leftovers are amazing for lunch. To make things even quicker and easier? Grab a rotisserie chicken to cut down your prep time then layer everything together with mozzarella cheese and pesto.