Lately though I’ve found myself in a bit of a breakfast rut and I’m entirely guilty of not wanting to take time in the morning to make myself a proper breakfast.
In an effort to push us all to level up our breakfast game, I’ve rounded up 7 of our most eggcellent egg recipes. (The pun could not be resisted!)
Getting a little one to school and my own day started often feels like a heavy lift, so I also love that many of these recipes can be prepped in advance. Enjoy!
- Easy Migas Recipe
- If you’ve never made migas at home you absolutely must! Migas is basically soft and cheesy scrambled eggs loaded up with peppers, onion, and fried tortillas often topped with refried beans, salsa or sour cream. They are hearty, delicious and one awesome way to start your day.
- Broccoli Cheddar Zoodle Bake Recipe
- Our broccoli cheddar zoodle bake is packed with veggies and reheats beautifully, making it ideal as a make-ahead breakfast. Savory, flavorful and nutritious, it’s as equally at home on the dinner table as it is on the weekday breakfast menu.
- Toaster Oven Egg Bake Recipe
- Cozy and filling, this high-protein egg bake features cottage cheese, eggs, and spicy pepper jack cheese. Plus, it’s made right in the toaster oven making it a cinch to get breakfast on the table. The basic recipe is simple to customize with what’s already in the pantry. You can substitute canned green chilies for the jalapeño, swap leftover roasted broccoli or potatoes for the corn, and amp up the flavor with a pinch of garlic powder or chili powder.
- Green Chile Egg Taquitos Recipe
- This recipe for egg taquitos is about to become your new favorite breakfast recipe. The flavor gets a boost from the green chiles and shredded jack cheese, and they’re super easy to whip up. Make a double or triple batch and freeze the extras for an even quicker breakfast on the go on busy mornings. Change up the cheese, add black beans or sausage and make them your own!
- Pesto Omelet Recipe
- Eggs, chicken, goat cheese, pesto and fresh basil come together in this omelet recipe that will jump your start in tasty fashion. If you’re one who doesn’t love chicken and eggs together, skip the chicken entirely or swap it out for Canadian bacon. A good omelet is never overrated!
- Cheesy Avocado Egg in a Hole Recipe
- This cheesy avocado egg in a hole recipe is just what you want to wake up to in the morning – and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes! With ham, cheese, avocado, and a perfectly runny egg, all you need is a mug of coffee to start your day. Mark my words. This one is about to be in heavy rotation in your kitchen.