When the summer heat cranks up there’s nothing I love more than adding tropical flavors into our usual grilling and cooking routine to switch things up.
Will I complain about feeling like we’re on a tropical vacation without ever leaving the backyard? Nope. That will 100% never happen in my world.
It’s just one of those things – when the sun is shining bright and the humidity is rocking, tropical inspired recipes have a way of cooling everything down.
Add a bit of mango, pineapple, coconut, guava, avocado or banana and you’ll find yourself with tropical inspired recipes that are perfect for summer eating.
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- At face value nothing about fried rice necessarily boasts a tropical vibe. Load it up with barbecue chicken, fresh veggies and pineapple, however, and you’re talking a different story. My favorite part about this Hawaiian barbecue chicken fried rice is not just how savory and delicious it is – no, it’s the fact that you can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. A win for every parent.
- Jerk Chicken Mango Avocado Sliders Recipe
- Trust me when I say that these jerk chicken mango avocado sliders are a trip to the tropics, without ever having to leave your kitchen! Shredded jerk chicken cooks up in a cinch in the Instant Pot before being piled high on toasted Hawaiian buns with mango salsa and avocado. We love serving these sliders as a fun appetizer for summer parties or even as a fresh, summery dinner.
- Peach Raspberry Margarita Recipe
- When you say “margarita” I am instantly thinking about warm beaches, salty air and vacation vibes all day long. These frozen peach raspberry margaritas are like a vacation in a frosty glass. Made with real juice, this might just become your favorite margarita recipe, boasting sweet juicy peaches with tart raspberries, tequila and orange liqueur for an instant vacation in a glass.
- Thai Mango Avocado Salad with Grilled Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- This Thai mango avocado salad with grilled sweet potatoes is a refreshing and unique salad that has a decidedly tropical feel. It pairs perfectly with anything you might be tossing on the grill – shrimp, chicken, fish, or even burgers! Ready in 20 minutes or less, the flavors and textures also stand alone as arguably the perfect summer weeknight dinner.
- Mango Salsa Recipe
- It’s impossible to talk about the tropical inspired recipes we love most for the summer without speaking of our favorite mango salsa recipe. This is it, friends. A perfectly fresh mango salsa made with red onion, red bell pepper, fresh jalapeño, cilantro and lime. This sweet, slightly spicy salsa is the perfect way to add some flavor to your chips and salsa routine. It also packs a punch when paired with fish, shrimp, or chicken tacos!