Bacon is everywhere these days, and has been for a while. Although some might be getting tired of the salty, porky goodness, we just can’t get enough of it. And let’s face it – how many foods have you had where bacon didn’t work?
While we adore bacon with our Sunday pancakes, there’s always room for experimentation. Adding bacon to your favorite recipes (especially veggie-based ones) adds such a tremendous layer of flavor that it’s no wonder we’re like Pavlov’s dog when it comes to the smell of sizzling bacon.
Here’s our favorite ways to incorporate bacon into, well, everything.
- BLT Wrap
- Let’s face it, we eat BLTs just for the bacon. Load it on in this easy wrap recipe.
- Maple Candied Bacon
- Great for snacking or adding to almost anything, this recipe gets us started on the bacon bandwagon.
- Bacon Blue Cheese Salad
- Just because it’s a salad doesn’t mean it can’t have a little meat in it.
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
- Filet mignon sometimes seems so fancy, but wrapping it in bacon? Bam! Instantly accessible.
- Maple Bread Pudding
- This bread pudding is over-the-top crazy with the addition of crunchy pecans, sweet maple, and salty bacon.
- Jalapeno Popper Bread
- Bacon, in bread. Well, duh.
- Spinach Quiche
- These mini quiches are great for gobbling up, especially when you pile on the bacon and parmesan.
- Apple Wrapped Salmon
- Playing perfectly off the sweet apples, bacon adds another hit of flavor to this unique salmon dish.
- Apple Butter Grilled Cheese
- We all know grilled cheese is one of the most genius sandwiches created, so make it even better with the addition of apple butter and crispy bacon.