It’s officially the time of year when weekend trips to the local apple orchards are as commonplace as apple pie itself here in Upstate New York.
Should you find yourself with a surplus of apples or craving a meal that tastes entirely like fall, these savory apple recipes will do the trick!
- Maple Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Filled with the flavors of fall, this wildly satisfying recipe for maple apple pork chops is a one skillet entrée that’s as easy to make as it is delicious to eat. Made with loads of herbs, real maple syrup, thinly sliced onions and tons of apples, the flavors compliment each other perfectly. Give it a try and put it on your meal plan soon — it won’t disappoint!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Bowls Recipe
- A great solution for a hearty make-ahead lunch or quick and easy weeknight dinner meal prep, these roasted Brussels sprouts bowls are packed with sausage, apples, Brussels sprouts, maple syrup and goat cheese for a flavorful meal you’ll find yourself making again and again, especially in the fall months when apples are at their very best.
- Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner Recipe
- We love a sheet pan dinner all year ’round, but for some reason I find them especially great in the fall and winter months. This sheet pan sausage dinner in particular is entirely inspired by the flavors of fall. Cheesy sausage is baked alongside sweet potatoes, apples and a simple apricot glaze that will wow your entire family.
- Fall Panzanella Salad Recipe
- This flavorful panzanella salad tastes like a golden autumn day, full of seasonal produce that makes it taste like a total treat in the fall months. Apples, pears, crisp radicchio, shallots, herbs and rye bread are drizzled in a homemade dressing made with leeks, shallots, white wine vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. The combination is out of this world.
- Cranberry Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- I am wild about acorn squash just about any way you can thinking of serving it, but this cranberry apple stuffed acorn squash recipe is perhaps my favorite way to make acorn squash. While a great harvest-inspired side dish, I also love eating this stuffed acorn squash as a simple yet incredibly flavor-packed meal all on its own.
- Moroccan-Style Pork with Apple Noodles Recipe
- If you’re looking for a truly unique and delicious way to enjoy apples this fall, I can’t urge you enough to try our Moroccan-style pork served over apple noodles. That’s right – apple noodles! Did you know you can spiralize apples to make crisp, crunchy noodles?! Paired with pork seasoned with cumin, cinnamon, paprika and All Spice you’ll have a combination you can’t resist.
- Apple Cider Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Apples
- If you want a delicious Sunday night dinner that leaves the house smelling like fall, make our apple cider pork tenderloin recipe with potatoes and apples! Pork tenderloin is marinated in apple cider, dry mustard, garlic and herbs then baked sweet vidalia onions, apples and chunks of red potato. From prep to table, you’ll have dinner served in just about an hour to rave reviews.
- Grilled Cheese with Apple and Havarti Recipe
- We love making “fancy grilled cheese sandwiches,” as we call them, as often as we can deem it acceptable for dinner. This grilled cheese sandwich is made with fresh apple slices and havarti cheese, a pairing that’s completely irresistible in my book. Use a hearty whole grain bread, salted butter and a bit of arugula for what may just be the perfect sandwich.