Chick-Fil-A caused a bit of a stir announcing the new Chick-Fil-A cauliflower sandwich and along the way begging the question, “Does the world really need one more thing made from cauliflower?”
Let the record state – I am Team Cauliflower. This wildly versatile vegetable has a serious ability to take on a wide range of flavors and textures, and I’m here it.
If you hear “cauliflower” and you think of the preivously frozen, sad, soggy cauliflower of your youth, take my word for it and try these cauliflower recipes.
From savory to sides to unexpectedly deliciuos main dishes, here are 12 of our very best cauliflower recipes – and yes, there is such a thing.
- Cajun Cauliflower Tot Casserole Recipe
- This Cajun cauliflower tot casserole is full of Cajun spice and cheesy love. You won’t believe all the veggies in this dish! At the same time it’s also loaded with spicy tomato, tender chicken, juicy slices of sausage, shrimp tons of of peppers, onions and celery. In short? The flavor in this dish is out of this world and, even better, it’s all cooked up in a single skillet.
- Indian Cauliflower Pizza Recipe
- Instead of a traditional tomato sauce, this Indian cauliflower pizza is topped with curry sauce and flavorful roasted cauliflower – but we’ve also made it with crispy chickpeas and roasted eggplant. Chopped cashews had crunch while fresh cilantro and touch of mango chutney add incredible flavor and freshness. This is proof that cauliflower is seriously delicious!
- Kung Pao Cauliflower Recipe
- Looking for a tasty bite with some spice? Tickle your taste buds with this sweet, sour, garlicky, spicy Kung Pao cauliflower recipe! There are lots of other reasons to make this cauliflower dish. If you’re looking for a meat-free alternative to Kung Pao chicken, cauliflower is a great substitute. If you just want a delicious way to add more veggies into your day, this is also a win.
- Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Casserole Recipe
- Our spinach artichoke quinoa casserole recipe is one you don’t want to skip over. Trust me on this one! Tangy artichokes combined with salty Parmesan cheese and tender spinach is a flavor pairing made in heaven. The whole combo is tossed in a thick, creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce that is shockingly good. Don’t scoff. Just try it.
- Vegan Buffalo Patties Recipe
- These vegan Buffalo patties are not just for vegans and vegetarians! They are insanely flavorful and worthy of any game day or party. Trust me on this one. The crunchy-quinoa outside and smooth white bean and cauliflower puree on the inside pairs with herbs, green onions and an avocado dipping sauce that is truly out of this world. You’ll be making these again and again!
- Loaded Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Casserole Recipe
- Our loaded broccoli cauliflower cheese casserole recipe is the kind of goodness you might just decide to make into your whole meal. We’re talking bacon, cheese, crunchy veggies and loads of flavor – it’s perfect! I betcha even the “veggie hating” critics that you live with are gonna be singing the cauliflower broccoli song when they taste this casserole.
- Cauliflower Caprese Skillet Recipe
- Ok, hear me out. This cauliflower caprese skillet recipe? It’s going to quickly become a new favorite. It has all the comfort food vibes you want in a skillet dinner, plus a huge dose of vegetables. The magical combo of juicy tomatoes, fragrant basil, a drizzle of olive oil and soft mozzarella along with cauliflower dumplings is truly next level.
- Goat Cheese Cauliflower Bake Recipe
- Ok, here’s the thing. This goat cheese cauliflower bake recipe is so scrumptious you might just eat it as a meal unto itself. It’s a side dish that can’t be beat. There’s loads of cauliflower, crispy smokey bacon, onion, garlic and, of course, goat cheese. It pairs beautifully with grilled chicken, turkey and salmon. It’s even special enough to be a holiday side dish.
- Cauliflower Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Much like our cajun cauliflower tot casserole, this cauliflower tater tot casserole is wildly good. The homemade tots are made with cauliflower, of course, but also onion, garlic, cottage cheese, herbs and shredded cheese. They’re then layered in a skillet with onion, salsa, herbs and Mexican cheese for unique tot casserole your family will ask for again and again.
- Cauliflower Fritters Recipe
- Our cauliflower fritters make one seriously tasty appetizer – and they’re entirely unexpected. Cauliflower, chickpeas, onion, garlic, salt and pepper make the most incredible little patties. Serve them on a bed of spinach and top them with your favorite hummus and you’re looking at a home run.
- Gluten Free Cauliflower Alfredo Penne Recipe
- If you love pasta and you love Alfredo sauce, promise me you’ll give our cauliflower Alfredo penne recipe a try? Don’t be freaked out by all the veggies here. When it comes to this pasta back, creamy pureed cauliflower combines with sweet, tender peas, rich egg yolk, garlic, onions and crispy, salty bits of bacon for a true flavor explosion. You’ve been warned.