We all want to make our beloved mothers or mother figures feel special on Mother’s Day each year, but we don’t always know how to do so in a unique way.
A sweet, timeless suggestion? Host a proper Mother’s Day tea! It’s the perfect way to pamper Mom with treats, tea and all the love she deserves for taking care of everyone and everything!
It’s a wonderful opportunity to let the little ones dress up and actually have guests at their tea party. (Stuffed animals and dolls are, of course, still invited.)
Mother’s Day tea is also a great opportunity to have a granddaughter or young child feel like they are part of a sweet gesture for mom or grandma – or both!
Hosting tea is a sweet, special occasion that will make Mom feel valued and loved, but if you’re wondering what you might serve at a Mother’s Day tea, we’ve got you more than covered.
- Cucumber and Mint Cilantro Chutney Tea Sandwiches
- This light but delicious cucumber and mint sandwich recipe is a perfect, classic tea sandwich! An afternoon tea is a great way to round out a day that started with a hearty brunch, as the fare can be filling enough to hold you over for dinner but not too much to ruin your appetite for the evening. This sandwich doesn’t miss the mark! Plus you’ll love the spring inspired flavors.
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Cream Cheese Pastries Recipe
- Served on light, flaky puff pastry, these salmon avocado cream cheese pastries will leave Mom feeling both delighted and very pampered! Lighter fare than bagels and lox, but similar in sophistication, this delicacy will please the palate of any mom that loves the finer things in life. It’s an elegant yet delicious addition any brunch or tea.
- No Churn Roasted Berry Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Recipe
- Make Mom her very own sweet, delicious ice cream without any special equipment or expertise necessary! This no churn roasted berry vanilla bean ice cream recipe is simple yet refined, and will make her feel like the center of the universe when she finds out you created it just for her. It’s the perfect sweet treat to serve for Mother’s Day tea!
- Classic French Madeleines Recipe
- Nothing pairs as perfectly with tea as these classic French madeleines! Light and buttery, madeleines are a melt-in-your-mouth cross between cake and cookie. It is surprisingly easy to make these irresistible little treats, which taste and look far fancier than they really are. They’re a must-have for tea.
- Herbed Deviled Eggs Recipe
- Dress up your deviled eggs with style using this herbed deviled eggs recipe that combines dill, tarragon, and chives with your usual mayo and mustard. These eggs are excellent to snack on both during your tea, and after, if you have any leftovers – but I wouldn’t count on it! If you love deviled eggs, this amped up version is a must try.
- Homemade Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
- Creamy lemon buttermilk frosting tops these sweetly tart lemon cupcakes for a treat that is nothing less than perfect! Your mom will love these unique, tasty cupcakes that are deliciously unexpected. Garnish with a thinly sliced fresh lemon wedge for a presentation that will show her you spent time making her day beautiful!
- Butternut Squash Goat Cheese Empanadas Recipe
- This delicious recipe calls for a savory avocado dipping sauce that adds a delicious, creamy texture. Great for vegetarians or anyone looking to try something new, these butternut squash and goat cheese empanadas will surely surpass all expectations for your cherished guests. They make a unique addition to any Mother’s Day celebration.
- Garlic Herb Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- This simple but fancy appetizer makes an excellent addition to a Mother’s Day spread. Keep your luncheon classy without adding hours of prep work to your day by serving these garlic herb goat cheese stuffed mushrooms to Mom! They’re simple to make, but incredibly flavorful and unique. Mom will love them.
- Cherry Goat Cheese Crostini with Thyme and Almonds
- I simply cannot explain the delicious and savory flavors in this crostini recipe! Sweet yet tart cherries, paired with creamy, luscious goat cheese, and paired perfectly with thyme and almonds atop a rich, buttery crostini – absolute mouthwatering perfection that is unexpected and somehow also timeless. Mom will delight in this treat!
- Roasted Zucchini and Tomato Crostini Recipe
- If your mom is anything like mine, roasted zucchini is going to make her day – and that’s before the addition of tomatoes, goat cheese, hummus, and crusted bread on our roasted zucchini and tomato crostini. This recipe is light but filling and will be much appreciated. It will be perfect served alongside deviled eggs and something sweet.
- White Bean Hummus Recipe
- Looking for a way to serve fresh vegetables or crackers that goes far beyond dressing as a dip or assorted cheeses? This white bean hummus dip is easy and quick to make, and adds a healthy, filling, flavorful topping for your favorite snacks. Make it in ten minutes and watch it disappear just as quickly!
- Gluten Free Peach Shortcake Recipe
- Whether your mom has special dietary restrictions or you just want to try something new, these gluten free peach shortcakes will be a hit. These biscuits, covered in fresh peaches and sweet whipped cream, are a tasty way to please any palate during your afternoon tea. If Mom loves strawberry shortcake, try this peach version for something new and special.