On the weekends we love making big family breakfasts. (My husband is a big breakfast guy, too!) On week days, I keep things simpler and more healthful.
Perhaps even more important, having a stash of healthy breakfast recipes that are also quick, easy and delicious is a bonus when managing my busy schedule.
I love a weekday breakfast I can make ahead and I also look for something that is filling and packs a lot of protein for sustained energy throughout my day.
These breakfast recipes are among our top 10 favorites! Filling, nutritious, easy to make ahead or on the fly, and absolutely delicious.
- Protein Waffles Recipe
- These protein-packed waffles are made with an unlikely ingredient that adds tons of protein while still tasting incredible – cottage cheese! With the addition of vanilla protein powder, these waffles make a high protein breakfast you’ll absolutely love. Top them with sliced bananas, fresh berries and a drizzle of peanut butter for maximum effect.
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Cream Cheese Bagel Recipe
- I love smoked salmon on a bagel – it’s one of my all-time favorite foods! This take features lumps of smoked salmon, creamy avocado, rich cream cheese, red onion and capers. It’s a twist on the traditional pairing that will start your day off the right way! Lots of protein and healthy fats with the satisfaction of a bagel.
- Cookie Dough Protein Oatmeal Recipe
- This wildly delicious cookie dough protein oatmeal takes just 10 minutes to make, and hello – it tastes like cookies for breakfast! Rolled oats, vanilla protein powder, almond milk, and mini chocolate chips come together easily and one serving boasts a whopping 56 grams of protein! Not bad when you’re eating breakfast that tastes like dessert.
- Breakfast Salad Recipe
- A savory breakfast salad is a thing you’ve maybe never made yourself for breakfast, but I beg of you to do so! Our version is made with warm herbed potatoes, fresh vegetables, an egg and peppered bacon for a meal that is rich with protein, vitamins and minerals. Plus you can switch it up based on whatever veggies you have on hand making it easy and versatile.
- Vegan Banana Split Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- A smoothie bowl recipe that tastes just like a banana split is the ultimate breakfast in my world. Frozen bananas are blended until smooth then everything is topped with your favorite toppings – just like a banana split! I highly recommend fresh fruit, peanuts, chopped dark chocolate and even a few colorful rainbow sprinkles for good measure.
- Toaster Oven Egg Bake Recipe
- Anything you can make in the toaster oven is automatically a hit for me. The toaster oven makes things quick and efficient, plus during the warm weather months it’s less likely to heat up your kitchen! This toaster oven egg bake is one of my favorite ways to make an easy breakfast. The recipe features cottage cheese, eggs, and spicy pepper jack cheese for lots of protein.
- Funfetti Protein Overnight Oats Recipe
- Overnight oats are a perennial favorite, but these funfetti overnight oats are something special! Layers of oats swirled with almond milk, vanilla protein powder and Greek yogurt means loads of protein and tons of sweet flavor reminiscent of everyone’s favorite funfetti cake recipe.
- Cinnamon Roll Protein Bars Recipe
- Another easy option for a make ahead breakfast you can easily grab on the go throughout the week, I’m a big fan of these cinnamon roll protein bars. Honestly they could even be a snack or dessert, too! The texture is sort of like eating cheesecake, but with the flavor of a cinnamon roll. Since they’re made with eggs and protein powder, you’ll get lots of lasting energy, too.