Nothing against a simple sandwich, but the best sandwich recipes (in my opinion) are the ones that pack a little extra punch.
Maybe it’s by adding roasted vegetables or toasting the bread or slathering on a homemade dressing, but I am here for a slightly fancy sandwich.
At the same time, a sandwich can’t become a lot of work. A sandwich is a beloved lunch mainstay for a reason – it’s as easy as it is tasty!
My default lunch lately has looked a lot like tossing greens into a bowl with whatever leftover grains and veggies I have in the fridge.
Being able to quickly make lunch on the go is for sure one of the perks of working from home, even if it is a bit uninspired.
The best thing about a sandwich is that they take just a couple minutes to make, but you can also pack them to go if you work from the office.
I’m going to go ahead and call it – these are the best sandwich recipes to liven up your stale lunch routine! If you’re in a lunch rut then rut no more.
While a few involve slightly more prep than others, you can easily roast a batch of veggies or prep chicken over the weekend to enjoy all week long.
- Broiled Eggplant Sandwich Recipe
- This broiled eggplant sandwich is packed full of flavorful vegetables and smothered with a lemony avocado mash for a sandwich that may just surprise you. If raw onions aren’t your thing, use pickled red onions instead for a sweet yet briny addition. To make it easy to whip up, prep the eggplant in advance or use leftovers from dinner!
- Smoked Salmon BLT Recipe
- A bright new twist on the classic BLT sandwich, this smoked salmon BLT boasts a fresh and tangy lemon herb mayonnaise. Everything is piled onto a crisp, toasted English muffin then piled high with smoked salmon, bacon, tomato and arugula in lieu of the typical lettuce. Packing arguably more flavor than the original, this is the BLT your stale lunch routine has been craving.
- Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese Recipe
- I’m a fan of any kind of grilled cheese sandwich, if I’m honest, but this jalapeño popper grilled cheese takes things to a whole new level. It’s savory, spicy, creamy and crunchy (yes, crunchy) with the addition of thinly sliced fresh jalapeños, cream cheese and corn flakes. I know, I know. It sounds a little wild, but this one is amazing. And, bonus points for being able to make it in the toaster oven!
- Everything Avocado Turkey Bagel Sandwiches Recipe
- Growing up I was always the kid who wanted a turkey sandwich with slices of tomato over ham or bologna or sometimes even PB&J. This everything avocado turkey bagel sandwich is like the turkey sandwich of my childhood only all grown up! Made on an everything bagel it’s stacked with turkey, of course, plus roasted tomatoes and a chipotle cream cheese that you’ll go crazy over.
- Chicken Tikka Masala Sloppy Joes Recipe
- We don’t often think of making Sloppy Joes for lunch, but I’m here to change all of that. Make the chicken tikka masala filling at the beginning of the week and use it for sandwiches all week long! This unique twist on the classic Indian dish is seriously impressive. The chicken itself is richly flavorful, spicy and slightly creamy, making it perfect on a sandwich.
- BBQ Blue Cheese BLT Recipe
- Can you even talk about the best sandwich recipes without mentioning at least two BLT variations? Not in my book. This version of your beloved BLT features bacon that is smothered in brown sugar and barbecue seasoning before being roasted. It’s then piled up with the freshest tomatoes you can get your hands on, fresh spinach and thick slices of blue cheese. Try it now. Thank me later.
- Portobello Mushroom Sandwich Recipe
- Loaded with savory roasted vegetables and melted provolone cheese, this portobello mushroom sandwich is so satisfying even the meat lovers will call it a favorite. The mushrooms, sweet roasted onions and barely crispy green bell peppers are smothered in provolone cheese and then packed onto a toasted hoagie roll. It’s savory, salty and satisfying with just the right umami to make it insanely delicious.
- Ranch Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Pulled chicken sandwiches, specifically ranch pulled chicken sandwiches, are about to be a major player in your lunch routine. Delicious, creamy ranch-flavored shredded chicken is topped with a heaping serving of white BBQ slaw. This one is going to change the game! To make lunchtime even easier, grab a rotisserie chicken in advance then shred it and prep the ranch chicken to use on sandwiches over the next few days.
- Avocado Prosciutto Brie Sandwiches Recipe
- There’s so much going on with this sandwich it’s hard to know where to start, but that’s what makes it one of the best sandwich recipes you’ll ever try. Layers of avocado, prosciutto and brie are topped with an irresistible blood orange mango chutney that is out of this world flavorful. Make this one on a fresh croissant and add a big handful of arugula for the ultimate impact.
- Toasted Caprese Sandwich Recipe
- I’m a sucker for everything caprese. Salads, pasta dishes, entrees, you name it – so of course this toasted caprese sandwich was making an appearance here. Overflowing with juicy tomato slices, melted mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze, this is like your favorite caprese sandwich and the best grilled cheese sandwich all rolled into one tasty lunch.