As a kid I loved so-called “upside down day” at school when they’d serve us French toast sticks instead of the typical soggy, savory lunch fare.
While I am not quite the fan of French toast now that I was then, I still love having a good ol’ upside down day for dinner here and there.
Not only does my entire family love breakfast food, but very often it’s also quicker to cook making for a great easy dinner idea any night of the week.
These breakfast recipes are some of my personal favorites if you’re like me and want an esay way to serve up a dinner that’s as delicious as can be.
- Tex Mex Breakfast Sheet Pan Frittata Recipe
- I can’t overstate how much I love this Tex Mex breakfast sheet pan frittata recipe. It’s easy to make, easy to customize and great for meal prep or for serving a hungry crowd. It’s packed full of eggs, cheese, beans and veggies then topped with all your favorites like avocado, tomatoes and jalapeños.
- Cheesy Avocado Egg in a Hole Recipe
- Our cheesy avocado egg in a hole recipe is just what you want to wake up to in the morning – but it also makes a perfect easy weeknight dinner! Loaded with ham, cheese, avocado, and a perfectly runny egg, this is the best kind of dinner because it’s seriously delicious and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Smoked Salmon Avocado Cream Cheese Bagel Recipe
- Trust me when I say that a smoked salmon avocado cream cheese bagel is about to become your new favorite weeknight dinner. Instead of the default lox and bagel, switch to flavorful smoked salmon paired with creamy avocado, rich cream cheese, red onion and capers. It’s a twist on the traditional pairing that makes one heck of a dinner.
- Easy Migas Recipe
- If you’ve never had migas, this is the perfect time! Migas is basically soft and cheesy scrambled eggs loaded up with peppers, onion, and fried tortillas. Some people will serve this dish with refried beans, top it with salsa or sour cream. It’s basically all the good things involved in Tex Mex food plus scrambled eggs making it as perfect for dinner as it happens to be for breakfast.
- California-Style Eggs Benedict Recipe
- I love making eggs benedict for dinner, but this California-style eggs benedict recipe is even better! A lightened up version of the classic, this version is smothered with an avocado hollandaise that takes just seconds to pull together. Forget spending all that time on traditional hollandaise! This is the very best way to serve eggs benedict for dinner!
- Green Chile Egg Taquitos Recipe
- This green chile egg taquitos recipe is one you need to bookmark and save for later! I love making a big batch to freeze for make ahead breakfasts, but these taquitos also make the easiest, tastiest dinner any night of the week. Made with just a handful of ingredients, you can serve them with salsa, sour cream or even guacamole on the side for dipping.
- Toaster Oven Egg Bake Recipe
- Cozy and filling, this high-protein toaster oven egg bake features cottage cheese, eggs, and spicy pepper jack cheese. Versatile and simple egg dishes like this are my favorite kind of breakfast, but I also love making them for dinner and my family never complains. The fact that you can make this egg bake quickly and with no fuss right in the toaster oven is a huge bonus.
- Full English Breakfast Recipe
- The full English breakfast is about to become the full English dinner – at least on upside down day! Sausage, bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms are prepared and served together en masse to create one hearty and filling meal your family is sure to love. Just be sure not to use American bacon – in the States you’ll want to use something like Canadian bacon or ham.
- Chile Relleno Recipe
- In truth, this chile relleno recipe can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or easy dinner. It’s spicy, savory, and perfectly delectable! Effectively a roasted, stuffed poblano pepper, you can really switch up this dish however you like best. You can stuff them with cheese or even chicken or pork. They’re then smothered in a classic Tex Mex sauce and served.
- Smoked Salmon BLT Recipe
- It’s hard to say if this smoked salmon BLT recipe is truly a breakfast recipe or if these tasty little sandwiches always wanted to be served for dinner all along, but the bottom line is – don’t miss out on trying this twist on the classic BLT! Bright and savory, this smoked salmon BLT with lemon-herb mayonnaise is about to become a new family favorite.
- BLAT Eggs Benedict Recipe
- In this classic BLAT recipe bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato are sandwiched between a perfectly poached egg and toasted English muffin for a breakfast version of the classic sandwich that also makes one seriously savory and delicious dinner recipe. It’s the easiest thing you’ll make all week.