I completely, COMPLETELY adore pancakes. One of the first recipes I ever shared with my readers a little over 4 years ago was for pumpkin pecan pancakes. We still make them and obsess over them every fall. A few months back, I shared with you guys those cinnamon raisin bread pancakes with cinnamon syrup, from the fantastic book of another pancake-obsessed food fanatic, Karly Campbell. I also have a favorite recipe for peanut butter banana pancakes, and then there are these yummy cherry pie pancakes. The list goes on. And on. And on!
But all of those recipes have something in common — besides the pancake factor I mean. And that, my breakfast loving friends, is a knife and fork.
Sometimes, just SOMETIMES I’d like to pick up pancakes and eat them with my fingers. Or even go all rogue-style like my 12-year-old and spear one whole syrup-dripping pancake with my fork, and gnaw at it over my plate like a hungry breakfast barbarian.
We can save that lady-like imagery for another day, though.
Because you can actually eat these Apple Pie Pancake Muffins with your hands, and you won’t get any odd looks. Plus they are tiny. So have three. They’re the perfect mix of pancake, pie, and muffin!
The batter mixes up just like a standard pancake batter, except that you fold in pie-spiced sweetened apples at the end. A tablespoon of batter in a lightly greased mini muffin cup yields a pretty little muffin puff that is just perfect as it is. But of course, they are even better when drizzled with syrup or a quick sweet glaze. If you need to get by without sticky fingers, try simply dusting them with powdered sugar. Whichever way you go, you will not be disappointed with these apple pie pancake muffins
Apple Pie Pancake Muffins Recipe
- 1 Chopped Apples
- 2 Brown Sugar
- 1 Fresh Lemon Juice
- 0.5 Cinnamon
- 0.5 Ground Ginger
- 0.25 Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1 All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Baking Powder
- 0.5 Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Butter Melted
- 0.5 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 Powdered Sugar
- 1 Milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 16 cups in a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss together the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Measure milk into a liquid measuring cup. Add the egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Lightly beat with a fork. Then stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in the apple filling.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups 1 heaping tablespoon at a time.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let muffins cool slightly before removing them from the pan.
- To make the optional glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk until smooth. Add more milk to reach your desired consistency, up to another tablespoon.
- Drizzle the glaze over the pancake muffins, sprinkle them with powdered sugar, or serve with syrup.