Then it came on like a train – meat burnout. I was so over meat by the end of the month that I couldn’t even talk about a hamburger, let alone look at one.
I hate to admit this, but despite my love for seafood, my recipe repertoire is pretty slim. This is probably due to my general obsession with meat, but when I get into meat ruts like the one I’m in now, I end up in a bit of a jam.
Time to dust off the old magazines to search for inspiration, I told myself.
As I was pouring through an endless stack of Food & Wine magazines, I came upon a shrimp salad that had mango in it. Suddenly a light bulb turned on – wouldn’t that be so much better with crab?
The answer is a resounding yes, folks. A thousand times yes.
This avocado crab mango salad is the seafood salad to defeat all other seafood salads. Never again will you want to whip out that tired old tuna salad your mama used to make for you, despite how nostalgic you might be.
With one bite of this refreshing, bright salad, you’ll wonder how you went so long without discovering how well crab goes with mango and avocado.
The bonus is that it goes great with any diet you might be on; so don’t worry about an expanding waistline here. I’ve got you covered. For now, at least.
Find me a salad that is original, bursting with flavour and super heatlhy and I’m sold. Even if you aren’t at the meat burnout stage yet, don’t hesitate to try this salad. Mix things up, I know I will be from now on!
Avocado Crab Mango Salad Recipe
- 0.25 Mayonnaise
- 2 Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 0.25 Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 0.5 Garlic Powder
- 0.25 Salt
- 0.25 Black Pepper
- 0.5 Mango Peeled and cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 2 Hass Avocado Peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 0.33 Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 0.5 Jalapeño Seeded and minced
- 0.25 Red Onion Diced
- In a medium bowl, stir together lime juice, mayonnaise, Sriracha, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the mango, red pepper, jalapeño, avocado, and red onion. Stir to coat all the ingredients with the sauce. Gently stir in crab meat at the end, making sure not to break up the pieces too much.
- Serve immediately, chilled.