I am a shy person. I’ve grown a lot over the years; kids have a way of forcing you to step out of your comfort zone. But in certain social situations, that old shy girl comes out and it takes everything I have NOT to flee the scene.
What makes things worse, is I’ve never perfected “small talk”. I mean, I can converse with almost anyone, I’m not socially awkward, but I just don’t have anything interesting to say.
I think I’m just so boring sometimes. I have no drama in my life; kids aren’t doing anything exciting, nothing amazing has happened. It’s all just the status quo around here.
And the status quo is rather dull.
This all changes when I talk about food. I can get very animated and excited when I can talk about my latest recipe creations or ideas.
I will talk to absolutely anyone who will listen. I am passionate about food that is what I find interesting.
Unfortunately, not everyone else shares my enthusiasm about food. If I can’t talk about food, well then, what’s left? This is often where I decide to stop talking about myself, and ask as many questions about the other person as I can.
While they ramble on and on, I daydream about recipes and food!
Sweet corn is abundant this time of year and tastes divine! Grilling sweet corn brings out the natural sugars and flavors. I adore it!
For this simple sandwich, I grilled corn, removed the kernels and placed then inside a sandwich that also has fresh avocados and spicy pepper Jack cheese. This sandwich combo has the best of summertime in each hot, melted bite.
Avocado Grilled Cheese with Roasted Corn Recipe
- 2 Ear of Sweet Corn Grilled
- 4 Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 4 Butter
- 1 French Bread
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium.
- Remove the husk from the corn and place them directly onto the hot grill. Cover, but turn your corn occasionally.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until lightly charred. Remove and let corn cool enough until it can be handled. When ready, cut the kernels from each ear of corn.
- Slice bread into 8 slices. Butter each slice with 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Place 4 slices of bread, buttered side down onto hot pan. Arrange 4 slices of Pepper Jack cheese on the bread.
- Divide avocado and corn evenly over cheese and top with remaining bread slice, buttered side up.
- Cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Serve immediately.