You know what the best thing about these Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels are? It’s the fact that they can be used for just about anything.
You can pretty much make them for any occasion which is what I love the most about them other than the fact that they are loaded with bacon and cheese!
So, apparently, we have moved to the area where they will be playing the Super Bowl this year. When we first moved here in August I had no idea that the game would be here until football season started and I was hearing more about it.
What is even crazier is that in the last few weeks this town has really started buzzing, especially since the local team is still in the running for it.
My husband can’t even figure out how he is going to get to work for the next two weeks. They seem to be closing a new street every other day which can make it a little complicated for commuters.
What is also exciting is that they have really created a lot of community events around the Twin Cities in honor of the big game day. Even though it is cold outside, we are super excited to go see the big ice castle that they made!
So, I do have something to confess. I do not watch much football; college basketball keeps my attention.
But I am all about the foods! That is the best part for me!
About these Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels, you prepare them pretty much like these Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels and in about 20 minutes you are ready to go! ENJOY!
Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels Recipe
- 1 Puff Pastry thawed
- 1 Egg
- 1 Water
- 8 Smoked Bacon
- 0.5 Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
- Whisk Egg and water in small bowl, set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Brush with egg mixture.
- Lay slices of bacon onto puff pastry.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Start at short side and roll tightly into a log shape.
- Cut into 16-18 slices.
- Lay flat on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!