Breakfast food is a favorite at our house any time of day. We are liable to eat eggs at every meal and on the weekends I generally make a big breakfast when the whole clan is around.
Peach Pie Cinnamon Rolls are always on the list for something sweet and we will have biscuits and gravy at least once a week.
I’ve made these Bacon, Egg and Cheese Egg Rolls a couple of times lately and the kids went crazy for them!
I love to hit the drive thru for breakfast if I have to make an early run to town. The Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit is my go-to every single time.
I knew that adding a crispy fried egg roll wrapper into the mix had to be a good idea.
You can totally make these egg rolls up ahead of time and then reheat them in the toaster oven when you are ready to serve them.
They are easy to grab on the go or to just have on hand when you need something quick.
I know lots of folks hate to cook bacon because of the mess and the grease popping. If this hits home, I can show you How to Cook Bacon and you will be adding bacon to the menu often!
I soft scrambled the eggs because they will cook a bit more when you fry up the egg rolls. I mixed in the cheese and cooked bacon.
I let the mixture cook slightly to make rolling the egg rolls easier.
I added the filling to the egg roll wrappers and wet the edges and rolled them up. Keep them under a damp paper towel until you are ready to fry them.
After I had all of the egg rolls ready to go, I added the oil to a cast iron skillet and heated it to 350°F.
It just takes a few minutes to fry each egg roll and I like to cook 2- 3 at a time. Keep an eye on your oil so that it doesn’t get too hot or the egg rolls will burn.
I made a small batch of milk gravy for dipping these Bacon, Egg and Cheese Egg Rolls.
They are perfectly delicious without the gravy but the gravy takes them over-the-top for a special weekend breakfast treat.
Enjoy these Bacon, Egg and Cheese Egg Rolls for an easy breakfast or a quick snack, perfect for the breakfast lovers in your life.
Bacon Egg and Cheese Egg Rolls Recipe
- 5 Egg Soft scrambled
- 1 Shredded Cheese Like colby jack
- 5 Bacon Cooked and crumbled, reserve bacon drippings for gravy
- 8 Egg Roll Wrapper
- 3 Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 Bacon Drippings
- 1.5 All-Purpose Flour
- 0.5 Salt
- 0.5 Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1.5 Whole Milk
- Mix together the scrambled eggs, cheese and crumbled bacon in a bowl. Spoon filling into center of egg roll wrappers. Wet edges of each egg roll wrapper with water and roll up, pressing seams to seal.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet and place over medium- high heat until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Cook egg rolls, 2-3 at a time, until browned on all sides, about 2 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- For Gravy:
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, add bacon drippings. Add flour, salt and pepper, whisking until all combined. Whisk occasionally as flour mixture starts to brown. Gradually whisk in milk and continue to whisk until it is thick and starts to bubble, adding more milk if it is too thick. Lower heat and keep warm until serving.
- Serve Egg Rolls with Gravy for dipping.
- Can be stored in a zip- top bag in the refrigerator and reheated in the toaster oven when ready to serve.