So I took a break from sharing peanut butter recipes for a few months because I wanted to make sure that I felt like I could bring fresh and innovative recipes to the table for you.
I almost always feel a ton of inspiration for recipe ideas though, and I don’t usually have a problem coming up with a long list of recipes I’d like to create. My typical issue is that I have TOO many ideas! I have so many things that I want to make, but not enough time, and not a fast enough metabolism!
But it’s still good to give yourself leeway sometimes, and I really enjoyed scaling back for a bit.
My favorite time of year for baking is definitely the fall. After last fall and the holidays, I was sooooo burned out. I never give myself any breathing room with blogging and baking, so I gave myself the chance to scale back for a few months, and it’s such a wonderful thing because now I’ve come back to sharing peanut butter recipes for you again, and I’m BURSTING with ideas. I’m excited and enthusiastic, and I have so many things I want to make!
One of the recipes that helped to inspire me was my Grandma’s No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe, of course. That’s such a classic, tried-and-true, simple, quick-prep recipe that EVERYONE loves, and I started my return to recipe creation by making a variation on that. It’s such a well-loved recipe, and it’s so simple to jazz it up. Ideas for new recipes started turning, and I came up with this Reese’s Cup No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe. It was such a homerun, and I felt momentum to start churning out peanut butter treats again.
The second source of my inspiration besides that pie?? Bacon. Yes, bacon. This Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Bread is an idea that’s been brewing for months!!! Don’t you LOVE bacon and peanut butter together? I started out wanting to make a Peanut Butter Banana Bread, simple as that, but I could not stop myself from adding bacon to it. To me, it was a natural step to making this bread “next-level.”
Creamy, rich, nutty peanut butter along with salty, fried bacon?? That’s a heaven-sent combo, to be sure. And in a moist, dense, hearty loaf of banana bread? Oh yes! This is such an amazing bread. I went crazy with bacon and peanut butter recipes the last few weeks, and I’m happy to report that this Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Bread is just the start. What an awesome start though. I hope you’ll try it, and if you do, I hope you love it as much as we did!
Bacon Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Baking Soda
- 1 Baking Powder
- 1 Granulated Sugar
- 0.5 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Banana mashed
- 0.5 Vegetable Oil or canola oil
- 2 Egg
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8 Cooked Bacon crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter for about 45 seconds, until melted and thin.
- Add the bananas, oil, eggs, and vanilla, stirring until combined.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in crumbled bacon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes before inverting the bread onto the wire rack to cool completely. Cut and serve.