How to Make Spicy Bean Dip:
One of my favorite things about this easy bean dip is that it comes together fast and with less than 10 ingredients.
Typically bean dip is made with:
To make this a little spicier we’re going to add some diced green chiles. If you want even more heat, some diced up jalapeño is good too!
Use the pickled diced jalapeños in the cans next to the diced green chiles in the market. Or if you have some jarred sliced jalapeños you can give those a quick dice.
But to keep things quick and easy you can use canned refried beans.
Bean Dip in the Slow Cooker
With this being possibly the best potluck or tailgating snack food, of course you may want to make this recipe in the slow cooker!
To do that you will still prep all of the ingredients and mix them together, then add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 2 hours on high. This lets you easily transport the dip or to keep it warm during a party.
Just remember to always add the toppings right before serving. So, if using a slow cooker, have the toppings you want in a separate storage container and sprinkle them on top when you set up. Keep the slow cooker on warm until heat isn’t needed any longer.
Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Sour Cream
- 2 Refried Beans
- 2 Shredded Cheddar Cheese divided
- 2 Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese divided
- 7 Diced Green Chiles (1 can)
- 1 Taco Seasoning
- Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- Chopped Green Onions
- Chopped Cilantro
- Jalapeño sliced
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl add the softened cream cheese and sour cream together. Stir together until well combined, might be slightly lumpy. Add in the refried beans and stir together.
- Add in 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Stir.
- Add in the diced green chiles and taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish. Smooth out the top. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the cheese on top is fully melted.
- Remove from oven and top with any optional toppings desired. Serve warm and enjoy!