Get ready to conquer dinner like you’ve never done before! Before I had my daughter, Reagan, I bought all sorts of easy dinner products.
During one of my visits to the grocery store, I found a new-to-me pre-packaged meal called Freezer to Plate. I made it that week, and fell in love with its ease of use and most importantly, it actually tastes good and not boxed-like.
It also was low in sodium, which is not that common in prepackaged meals.
The next week during my trip to the grocery store, I stocked up on all the varieties before the baby arrived. I was glad I did, because easy meals were my go-to when I wanted a break from the frozen meals I prepped.
Last summer I started experimenting in the kitchen with a similar concept, but from scratch instead of a box. I’m so happy with how my new twist on one of my most popular recipes, grilled chicken bruschetta pasta, turned out.
I introduce to you my bruschetta chicken baked pasta meal. One baking dish and all the ingredients from your pantry, refrigerator and freezer go into the oven.
Talk about dinner simplified!
The best part about this dinner is that it’s easy to whip together. You could even chop the tomatoes ahead of time.
I promise you that the pasta will cook perfectly, and when you pour the pasta into the glass baking dish you might not think it’s going to be enough.
Trust me, it will be enough for three adults and one child. If you’re serving for four adults, you might want to add on a veggie, salad and a warm, crusty bread.
I love this brand of bread from Essential Italian Baking. The best part of this bread is that it’s stored in the pantry and when you want hot fresh-baked bread, you just pop it in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
The aroma of freshly baked bread will fill your home. What I love about this bread is that if you’re entertaining guests, they will be impressed that you baked bread from scratch. It’s our little secret — no one has to know.
Another tip I have when you’re entertaining and want to ensure you have enough food — when in doubt always serve a salad with dinner. That way you know you’ll have plenty.
And heck, while you’re at it — make dessert! Whether you’re entertaining or just want to switch up your dinnertime routine, give my recipe for Bruschetta Chicken Baked Pasta Meal a try.
Bruschetta Chicken Baked Pasta Recipe
- 2 Cavatappi Pasta
- 0.5 dried garlic granules
- 1 Dried Onion Flakes
- 0.5 Dried Basil
- 0.5 Dried Oregano
- 0.5 Dried Parsley
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning (McCormick) plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 4 Plum Tomato
- 1 Water
- 0.75 White Wine
- 3 Chicken Breast frozen
- 2 Olive Oil
- 0.5 Lemon juiced and zested
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a 9×13-inch glass-baking dish place the pasta and all spices plus 1 tablespoon of roasted garlic & Herb seasoning.
- Chop tomatoes and place with pasta.
- Add water and white wine. Mix well then add frozen chicken breast.
- Drizzle olive oil on top then sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon roasted garlic & Herb seasoning.
- Place foil on top and bake for 50 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F and pasta is al dente.
- Once done, sprinkle lemon zest and juice over the chicken and pasta dish.
- Divide evenly among plates and enjoy.