Summer is here, and with that comes swimsuits, tank tops, shorts, and all sorts of time outdoors. I love all the time outdoors, parties with friends, and the smell of the grill going.
Don’t forget the cocktails! Skinny Mojitos all summer long, please! But sometimes a girl still needs to watch what she is eating. Especially if she wants to fit into that swimsuit the next weekend.
I have been making this salad for years! When I first got married I found this Weight Watchers Take Out cookbook, and there are a few things I love from it, that have become staples in my life. And this chicken fajita salad is one of them.
Over the years I have changed it, and made it many different ways. But the dressing is really where it is at, and that has always stayed the same.
When we go out for Mexican food I almost always order the chicken fajitas, so trying it as a salad was a no brainer for me. And to make it super easy for summer, everything is just chopped and added to the bowl.
No need to sauté the peppers and onions here. A salad is meant to be crunchy in my opinion, so I didn’t want the warm veggies on there.
The chicken is just lightly seasoned and thrown on the grill. You can cook it on the stove top as well, whatever works.
If you are grilling 2 AM Breakfast burgers for dinner one night, throw on a few extra pieces of chicken and you have it ready for you so you can make chicken fajita salad the next night for dinner. Or take to work for lunch.
One thing about salads that is nice, is you can add whatever you like. Red peppers, or onions, avocados, or black olives… really whatever you want to add to this chicken fajita salad goes. Just make sure to use the dressing.
It comes together in like 2 minutes, and it is so good! The tang from the vinegar with the spice from the salsa. You might want to make extra!
Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Cajun Seasoning or taco seasoning
- 1 Lettuce
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- 1 Fresh Tomato chopped
- 1 Avocado diced
- 0.5 Salsa use your favorite
- 2 Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Garlic
- 1 Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 Lime Juice
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium high heat. Season each side of the chicken breasts with Cajun seasoning. Cook for 6-7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Assemble the lettuce on a plate or bowl. Top with peppers, tomatoes, and avocado.
- To prepare dressing place all of the ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, slice and place over the salad. Top with dressing to serve.