With the holiday season behind us are you feeling the need for some cleaner eating? Cookie detox as I personally refer to it.
Or if you love to enjoy your weekends like I do by indulging a bit with decadent foods, then maybe this is the perfect Monday meal to get back on track for the week. Or it’s also perfect just as a quick meal for a busy day.
I prefer to have my salads loaded up with toppings, flavor, and drenched with a completely crave-able dressing. With lettuce added as an afterthought.
Salads should be filling and hearty enough to be an entire meal! And this salad is no exception!
Chicken is cooked with homemade taco seasoning with tons of flavor and a bit of spice, which is the perfect balance to the cool and comforting cilantro ranch dressing.
Other toppings include tomatoes, black beans, corn, avocado, cheese, tortilla chips.
Feel free to dress the salad up with other favorite taco toppings like black olives, green onion, extra cilantro, or pretty much anything else your stomach and heart desires.
The dressing is an easy to put together homemade ranch with the addition of cilantro and lime juice. A quick pulse in the blender or a food processor puts this dressing together in a matter of a minute.
Once you make and taste this dressing for the first time, you’ll know what you’ve been missing all these years! Quick and delicious.
That makes this the perfect easy, healthy, meal. Perfect for detoxing from all the holiday fun that recently occurred or even just for a weekday that you’re feeling the need for some greens.
Trust me… there are greens in there under all that good stuff!
Chicken Taco Salad with Cilantro Ranch Recipe
- 1 Chili Powder
- 0.5 Salt
- 0.75 Cumin
- 0.5 Oregano
- 0.25 Garlic Powder
- 0.25 Onion Powder
- 1 Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 4 Lettuce
- 1 Fresh Tomato Diced
- 1 Canned Black Beans Rinsed
- 1 Corn Kernels
- 1 Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 0.5 Tortilla Chips
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- 0.5 Mayonnaise
- 0.5 Sour Cream
- 0.5 Milk
- 0.25 Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Dried Parsley
- 1 Dried Dill
- 0.25 Salt
- 0.125 Ground Black Pepper
- 0.75 Garlic Powder
- 0.75 Onion Powder
- Mix together chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes, until the oil is hot. Gently place the chicken breasts in the heated oil and sprinkle about a teaspoon of the taco seasoning onto the top of each chicken breast.
- Cook the chicken for about 6 minutes then turn over to cook the other side. Sprinkle the other side of the chicken breast with another teaspoon of the taco seasoning. Allow the chicken to cook for 6 minutes on the other side. Once the chicken is fully cooked, no longer pink on the inside, remove from the skillet and let sit on a plate or cutting board for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile prepare the salad by chopping up the green lettuce and layering into a large salad bowl. Top with the diced tomato, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, tortilla chips, avocado, and sliced chicken.
- Prepare the cilantro ranch salad dressing by adding all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blending until smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Toss to mix. Serve immediately and enjoy!