When I first got into using avocados for dessert, I made these triple chocolate avocado cookies. I was a little skeptical at first — I mean, avocado in dessert? It sounded a little nutty to me but given my avocado obsession, I had to try it at least once.
Of course my mind was blown instantly. Avocado and chocolate were meant to be together and ride off into the sunset for eternity. They were missing just one thing and my friends, I have figured out what was missing.
With the intense heat of summer rolling our way, I’ve been really into the no-bake desserts to save my house from the oven heat and also to have something refreshing and cooling at the end of a hot, grilled meal. I’m also trying (keyword “trying”) to avoid anything too fatty so I don’t look like a beached whale on the reservoir by the end of the summer.
That’s exactly where this sinfully rich pudding comes in. It’s thick, creamy, and really packs in the dark chocolate and peanut butter flavor. Instead of using the traditional pudding ingredients, I used avocado to lighten up the calories and this recipe just so happens to be vegan-friendly (something I rarely am able to master well).
It’s a hit for the family throughout the week, or even a weeknight grilling session with friends and family. By the time you’re done with dinner the pudding will be chilled and ready to go (and the fact that you only spent 5 minutes making it will just stay between you and I, ok?).
So grab as many avocados as you can carry and dig in!
Chocolate Avocado Pudding with Coconut and Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 Ripe Avocado
- 0.5 Dark Chocolate Chips
- 0.5 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1.5 Coconut Oil
- 0.5 Agave Nectar
- 0.5 Almond Milk
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Peanuts Chopped
- Whipped Cream Optional for non-vegan
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, avocado, peanut butter, coconut oil, agave, almond milk and salt to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Divide the pudding into desired serving containers. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with dark chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, and/or whipped cream.