So, how do you like your bourbon? In a Lift? Or an Old fashioned? Maybe you like it straight up> Or, on the rocks? Or, maybe you like it like I do — with a side of chocolate or baked into some Christmas Cake Cupcakes?
I know, I know — such a buzzkill I am. To be honest, am not a huge fan of hard liquor — but I do love the layer of flavor bourbon seems to add to cakes, waffles, ice cream and these Chocolate Bourbon Popsicles.
In fact, the only reason I do buy the stuff is to bake or cook with it. My almost-college bound daughter likes to taunt me with the fact that she cannot wait for our trip across The Pond this year so she can enjoy some Bourbon straight up — legally! What the what?!
Recently I was trying to find out more about bourbon as I don’t know much about it other than the fact that it tastes good in the goodies I use it in … and stumbled on the fact that unlike scotch, bourbon does not employ any artificial coloring to get that gorgeous, highlights and lowlights in the sun look — maybe you have some more fun facts or stories about bourbon you’d like to share?
Getting back to these popsicles — these Chocolate Bourbon Popsicles are super easy to make and, if lactose isn’t your friend, these popsicles also happen to be dairy free. If you are not sold yet, these bad boys also call for only 4 ingredients:
Coconut condensed milk,
Good quality chocolate,
And – Bourbon!
If dairy is your friend, you can very easily substitute out the coconut condensed milk with regular full fat condensed milk and the coconut milk with heavy cream and enjoy!
Chocolate Bourbon Popsicles Recipe
- 1 Coconut Milk room temperature
- 0.33 Condensed Coconut Milk room temperature
- 1 Semisweet Chocolate or milk chocolate, divided
- 4 Bourbon
- Place 1/2 cup of the chocolate in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 25 to 30 seconds. Take out, stir and if not melted, return to microwave and microwave for another 25 to 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Add the coconut milk and coconut condensed milk into a large bowl and add the melted chocolate as well.
- Using a whisk, mix all three ingredients together till well incorporated.
- Then, add in the bourbon.
- Pour into 4 popsicle molds and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Dislodge from molds by dipping molds into warm water for a few seconds (20-30 seconds).
- Melt the other 1/2 cup of chocolate and dip Chocolate Bourbon Popsicles into the melted chocolate before enjoying.