I’m an all-or-nothing kinda girl. I rarely want a little of something, especially when it comes to food.
Like, who seriously eats the recommended serving of chips, for instance. And if those chips are covered in neon orange cheese powder, count me out. One serving size equals the entire bag in my eyes. (I love you, Doritos).
And the age-old question (it is an age-old question, right?), cookies or cookie dough? Totally unfair, man. I like ’em both and I want ’em both. They both have special, gooey soft spots in my heart, and choosing one over the other is simply cruel. Who are the people who make up these rules, hm? Do they not know that this question is nearly impossible to answer?
So I decided to bend the rules. Forget choosing – life’s too short to make such cruel decisions. I’ve created a dessert that sandwiches both of our favorites into one portable, adorable, and seriously scrumptious treat, no decision-making required. You can have your cookie and eat the dough, too, friend. Because if there’s one thing our forefathers would have wanted, it’s for us to be able to do the patriotic thing and eat sandwiches made of cookie dough.
(Just be sure to vote for me for President, mkay?)
These cookie sandwiches are the perfect treat to put out for a fun birthday party. All lined up on a pretty plate, next to mason jars full of milk with stripe-y straws? Who could resist!
No one needs to know just how easy these little cookie delights are to make. And because they’re so easy, you can totally do a cookie sandwich bar at your party. Think sugar cookies with snickerdoodle cookie dough cream, or oatmeal cookies with sugar cookie dough cream, or double chocolate cookies with chocolate cookie dough cream. The possibilities are endless, and boy would they make a great party dessert table!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 Chewy Chocolate Chip Chips Ahoy Cookies
- 0.75 Unsalted Butter At room temperature
- 0.5 Brown Sugar
- 0.25 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Milk
- 1.75 All-Purpose Flour
- 0.75 Mini Chocolate Chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, prepare your cookie dough. Using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and milk to combine.
- Lastly, add in the flour and salt gradually until a soft dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Lay a cookie so the flat-size is facing you. Top with a heaping, rounded tablespoonful of cookie dough (I love using a cookie dough scoop, which is pre-measured and easy) and gently sandwich with another cookie.
- Serve immediately, or store leftovers airtight in the fridge for 1 day.