This chocolate chip cookie pizza is perfect for dessert at a big family dinner. It’s also fitting for kids’ birthday parties and sleepovers. The chocolate chip cookie pizza is topped with Nutella Ganache, drizzled with white chocolate and tossed with M&M candy.
I’m a sucker for all things chocolate. I never get tired of whipping up fabulous chocolate treats. Mostly because I never get tired of eating chocolate treats. I try to make sure I eat a little bit of chocolate every day. Not a day goes by that I don’t crave it.
Recently I had an old post go viral. My Toll House Cookie Pizza with Nutella Ganache and Skor Toppings got picked up by a big website. It was something I made eons ago and the photos are horrendous. So I decided to remake the recipe and take new photos.
I thought it would be a great opportunity to put a fun new spin on it for a post over here on Food Fanatic as well. So I made two huge cookie pizzas, then topped them each differently. I’m not even kidding, best dessert night EVER! My hooligans were thrilled, and we ate like kings and queens.
Photos were taken of each recipe before the “cookie pizza pig out of 2015” commenced. I took some photos of the original recipe so I could update that old post with nice vertical photos. Then I took some of the new recipe that I tweaked for this post. It was a good day.
I didn’t change all that much. Just the way I topped it. My thought was this particular cookie pizza would rock for a kid’s birthday party or sleepover. You could make mini versions of them and the kids could decorate them on their own. Use tiny cast iron skillets, it would be really cute.
Sounds fun, right? It is. I used to do that often with my own hooligans when we had their friends over. The kids always had a blast. There’s nothing more fun for little ones than being able to customize food with their own favourite candies. They really love getting involved in the kitchen.
I highly encourage you to make this one for your own hooligans. Or for yourself. Or to share with your hooligans. Whatever works for you. Making cookie pizzas is fast, fun and absolutely delicious. You can make it a “fun food craft” while you spend time together as a family. Nothing beats spending time with family.
So whip up one, or ten, today. Thank me tomorrow.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza Recipe
- 0.5 Unsalted Butter Softened
- 0.5 Brown Sugar
- 0.5 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 0.5 Baking Soda
- 2 Whole Milk
- 1.25 All-Purpose Flour
- 0.5 Salt
- 1 Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1.5 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.75 Nutella
- 0.5 Heavy Cream
- M&M Candies Or any other candy you love
- Sprinkles Or edible glitter looks really cute, too!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and both sugars, mix on medium speed using a paddle attachment until well blended.
- Add the egg and mix until the egg is incorporated thoroughly.
- Add your whole milk, mix on low speed then turn to high briefly, mixing just into milk incorporates fully.
- Add your flour, salt and baking soda to the mixer, and mix on low until combined. Turn mixer off and remove bowl.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips, and mix those by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Spread on a parchment lined round pizza pan.
- It is helpful to start in middle and push outwards. Smooth as best you can with an offset spatula, or use the back of a metal spoon sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza pan from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Scoop Nutella into a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan warm your heavy cream until it just starts to boil.
- Pour it over the bowl of Nutella you set aside, and whisk until smooth. It takes some time so just keep whisking until it starts to thicken. It takes a few minutes to get it smooth and thick. If it’s not thick enough for you add a little more Nutella, 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired thickness you like.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until it’s smooth, 2 to 3 ounces should take 1 to 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave. My microwave is pretty powerful and everyone’s varies so much. So I suggest cooking for 30 seconds, then start checking it every 15 seconds. Stir with a spoon to check how it’s doing every 15 seconds.
- Once it’s melted drizzle it in random patterns over the cookie pizza with Nutella ganache. Allow chocolate to cool.
- Toss on once the chocolate cools slightly so you don’t melt the candies.
- Cut with a pizza cutter for even slices. You can also use a pizza rocker. We love ours.
- Serve with a big old Cookie Pizza loving smile.