Remember that amazingly, awesome loaf of Rocky Road Bread? Moist, cake-like quick bread filled with toasted almonds, marshmallows and chocolate chips, inspired by that iconic ice cream flavor. Come on, ice cream in bread form is kind of awesome. So what about ice cream IN bread, like ice cream as the main ingredient?
I say, “Yes!” This Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Bread Recipe is by far the quickest, easiest quick bread going. Hold onto your hats people! I’m talking about three ingredients. Yep, three. That’s it.
Somehow through the genius of baking science by combining only ice cream and self-rising flour you get bread. See? I told you it was going to be quick and easy. I wasn’t kidding.
I’m an equal opportunist when it comes to ice cream love, but cookies and cream happens to hold a very special place in my heart and ranks very high on my list of favorite flavors. So this flavor seemed like the perfect one for this ice cream bread.
You can use any flavor you like though, get creative! Next, I upped the cookie factor with Oreos on top for our third ingredient because what’s not to love about more cookies?
This is a quick bread that takes nothing more than a quick stir with a spoon and viola, Bread!
Despite having a fair amount of ice cream in the bread, it is surprisingly not overly sweet. An extra scattering of cookies inside and on top makes this bread perfect for an afternoon treat or a weekday dessert just because. You deserve it.
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream Bread Recipe
- 2 Cookies & Cream Ice Cream (Haagen-Dazs) full fat, not light
- 1.5 Self Rising Flour (Harris Teeter)
- 10 (Oreos or other preferred sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8″ x 4″ loaf pan with baking spray containing flour and line the bottom with a rectangle of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together softened ice cream and self-rising flour until all the flour is evenly moistened. Stir in half of the cookie pieces. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle top with remaining cookie pieces and gently press into the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and turn bread carefully out of the baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.