Isn’t this cranberry, pumpkin seed and salted caramel bark so pretty? I love how colourful it is with the red cranberries, green pumpkin seeds and orange (brown?) caramel all over a dark chocolate background.
It’s food art. My kind of art — there’s chocolate involved.
This bark is seriously so simple to make. All you have to do is melt some dark chocolate, spread it out in a thin layer on some parchment paper, and then sprinkle it with dried cranberries and roasted pumpkin seeds. Drizzle some salted caramel sauce haphazardly over top of everything, finish with another drizzle of dark chocolate just for kicks, and it’s done.
So easy, so tasty — and kinda fun.
I think pistachios would also work really well in this bark if you don’t care for pumpkin seeds. Well, any nut really, but pistachios are green so then you would still have that red and green festive combination happening. Wouldn’t want to lose the prettiness factor we have going on here!
I think that I’ll probably be making this more often then just for Christmas though. It’s such a great little treat to have stashed away in the freezer for when those random chocolate cravings hit. Because it’s totally normal to always have some form of chocolate hidden away in the freezer right?
Of course it is. Everyone needs chocolate available to them at all times. I can’t be alone on that.
This cranberry, pumpkin seed and salted caramel bark is the perfect chocolate treat for a mid-afternoon craving, or to add to your holiday cookie plate.
Whatever you use it for, it definitely isn’t going to last long. Good thing it’s so easy to make!
Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Salted Caramel Bark Recipe
- 6 Dark Chocolate chopped, 170 grams
- 0.25 Dried Cranberries
- 0.25 Roasted Salted Pumpkin Seeds
- 0.25 Caramel Sauce
- Cover a cookie sheet with a large piece of wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, heat the chopped dark chocolate in the microwave at 50% power, stirring after every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is almost completely melted. Stir it until it is completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate, reserving 1-2 tablespoons for drizzling on top, onto the prepared baking sheet, and spread it into a large rectangle, about 9 by 13 inches. It will be a fairly thin layer of chocolate.
- Sprinkle the cranberries and pumpkin seeds over top of the chocolate and drizzle the caramel sauce over top of everything. Drizzle the reserved 1-2 tablespoons of melted chocolate on top of everything. Place the tray in the refrigerator and let the chocolate set. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in either the fridge or freezer, with layers of wax paper between the pieces of chocolate bark.