We make no secret of the fact that we love a good Tex Mex recipe around here! (Have you tried our Tex Mex breakfast sheet pan frittata yet?)
This crispy chicken sheet pan tacos recipe is yet another favorite and it’s checking all the boxes – it’s delicious, quick, easy and a huge crowd pleaser.
Why We Love These Crispy Chicken Sheet Pan Tacos
Anytime I can throw together a quick and easy dinner that my family goes crazy over, it’s a huge win. These sheet pan tacos do not disappoint on that front.
Stuffed with seasoned rotisserie chicken, beans and cheese, these crispy chicken tacos come together quickly and bake up perfectly every single time.
Plus, any excuse to eat guacamole is a good one in my book so consider these tacos the perfect vehicle for transporting guacmole into your mouth.
I also love how versatile these tacos are! You can swap out the chicken for beef or ground turkey, or skip the meat entirely in lieu of cheese and beans.
To keep things as easy as possible, use a rotisserie chicken to make these tacos. Or use whatever leftover chicken you happen to have on hand.
Load up on the sauces, guac and toppings and you’ll have a guaranteed home run on your hands with these tasty, cripsy chicken sheet pan tacos.
Crispy Chicken Sheet Pan Tacos Recipe
To make these sheet pan tacos, you will need:
- Chicken – Rotisserie chicken works perfectly to make these sheet pan tacos, but you can use any kind of chicken you prefer.
- Beans – I like black beans best for this style of taco, but pinto beans or black eyed peas would also be delicious.
- Cheese – Use a shredded Mexican style cheese or shredded cheddar jack for maximum flavor.
- Taco seasoning – When it comes to taco seasoning, use the packets from the store or make our homemade taco seasoning.
- Garlic – Whenever possible I suggest using fresh, minced garlic because it just tastes the best.
- Tortillas – You can use corn or flour tortillas to make these tacos, but I prefer flour tortillas since they hold up better. I use 6″ tortillas.
- Cilantro – Is Tex Mex food even Tex Mex food without a bunch of freshly chopped cilantro? Well, probably, but don’t skip it either way.
- Toppings – To finish things off, serve your tacos with lots of your favorite toppings.
- Sheet pan
- Knife + cutting board
Step 1. Add olive oil to a heavy bottomed skillet, then add the onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat.
Step 2. Continue to cook down the onions and garlic until fragranat and the onions are translucent.
Step 3. Add the shredded rotisserie chicken, taco seasoning and rinsed black beans. Mix and continue to heat over medium heat until everything is well combined.
You may find you need to add a splash of water to get the taco seasoning to coat the chicken and beans evenly.
Step 4. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay out a few tortillas. I use 6″ tortillas when making this recipe.
Step 5. Top each tortilla with a large sprinkle of shredded cheese across the entire toritlla.
Step 6. Add a large spoonful of the chicken and bean mixture to one side of the tortilla.
Step 7. Fold the tortilla over and press down firmly so it stays closed. Repeat until your sheet pan is full of tacos. Brush lightly with a bit of olive oil.
Step 8. Bake at 450° for about 15 minutes or until the edges of your tortillas are crispy and golden brown. Add your toppings, serve and enjoy!
It makes a fun presentation for parties or casual gatherings, but it’s also quick and easy on a weeknight when you don’t have time for a lot of fuss.
Will you find us simply standing around the kitchen shoving tacos into our face and calling it dinner? That will absolutely happen and I’ve got no apologies.
Sheet Pan Taco Toppings
You can truly customize these sheet pan tacos however you see fit, including how you decide to serve them. Here are a few ideas for toppings:
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Sliced or diced tomatoes
- Taco sauce
- Sour cream
- Sliced jalapeño peppers
- Crumbled cotija cheese
More Sheet Pan Recipes We Love
I will always wax poetic about my love for a good sheet pan recipes. From these tacos to our pesto chicken sheet pan dinner recipe, there’s no wrong.
Our balsamic glazed chicken and veggies sheet pan recipe is another crowd favorite as are our incredibly easy sheet pan chicken nachos.
Crispy Chicken Sheet Pan Tacos Recipes
- 3 Rotisserie Chicken shredded
- 2 Olive Oil plus extra
- 1 Chopped Red Onion
- 2 Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1 Taco Seasoning
- 1 Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- 2 Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 1 Chopped Cilantro to garnish
- 1 Grape Tomatoes to garnish
- 1 Guacamole for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Add olive oil to a heavy bottomed skillet, then add the onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat.
- Continue to cook down the onions and garlic until fragranat and the onions are translucent.
- Add the shredded rotisserie chicken, taco seasoning and rinsed black beans. Mix and continue to heat over medium heat until everything is well combined. Add a splash of water if needed so the taco seasoning coats the chicken and beans evenly.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay out a few tortillas. I use 6″ tortillas when making this recipe.
- Top each tortilla with a large sprinkle of shredded cheese across the entire toritlla.
- Add a large spoonful of the chicken and bean mixture to one side of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over and press down firmly so it stays closed. Repeat until your sheet pan is full of tacos.
- Brush the top side of each tortilla lightly with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas are crispy and golden brown.
- Allow tacos to cool slightely then add your choice of toppings and serve.