I hate to keep yammering on about how quick and easy some of the peanut butter recipes are that I’ve shared here, but they really are. Can you ever have too many quick and easy recipes though? Especially when taste and presentation wouldn’t give away your secret!
It took me 6 minutes to get this cake in the oven. I know that because I was poaching eggs for breakfast when I made this, and I always set the timer for 6 minutes. I had the cake in the oven before the eggs were ready.
Once you wait for it to cool, you can make the ganache in the microwave in about 2 minutes, and then the peanut butter drizzle on top is also a super-fast 30-second zap in the microwave. It’s not just the cake that’s quick, the toppings are equally fast.
This cake is so unbelievably good. It’s actually not overly-sweet. It’s more rich than sweet, and just a sliver of it is very satisfying.
It starts with cake mix, and I used dark chocolate fudge. In my opinion, there is no substitute. Milk chocolate or German chocolate cake mixes won’t cut it, and even regular chocolate might be too mild. Unless you don’t like dark chocolate, but for me, the key is the dark chocolate fudge cake mix because it makes this intensely chocolatey and rich.
You can see the layers in this cake, right? There’s a layer of chocolate ganache, topped with melted peanut butter! The peanut butter chips in the cake break everything up with creamy and melty little nuggets of peanut butter. They’re also a nice change in texture.
So it’s only a handful of ingredients, I swear. The cake mix is doctored up with a few items, but then otherwise you just need chocolate, cream, peanut butter… pretty standard stuff. And look what a showstopper it is! People will think you slaved all day!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 4 Egg
- 1 Sour Cream Reduced-fat is fine
- 0.25 Vegetable Oil
- 0.5 Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Peanut Butter Chips
- 4 Semisweet Baking Chocolate Broken into pieces, must be baking chocolate
- 0.25 Heavy Cream
- 2 Butter
- 0.33 Creamy Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips.
- Spray a large tube pan or bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then invert the cake onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine baking chocolate, heavy cream, and butter.
- Microwave on high at 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth when stirred with a whisk.
- Pour over cooled bundt cake.
- In another small bowl, microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds, or until melted and thin. Drizzle over cake.
- Allow 10-15 minutes for toppings to set. Cut and serve.