Chocolate is my passion.
Avocado is my obsession.
So, I decided to put them together with some tasty peanut butter to get your chocolate fix, in a healthier way!
Every time the new year rolls around, I strive to revisit my habits and make small adjustments to get a little healthier. Of course, I say that, but I can’t give up on my chocolate…
Brownies are one of those treats I rarely make at home. Usually it’s because the chocolate is wayyyy too addictive and I will shovel those things in my mouth two at a time.
Before you know it, they are gone and I’m making more to satisfy my addiction.
So, I try to avoid making them like the plague.
Until now, that is.
These little brownie bites are healthier because they have high-protein avocado instead of butter. They are also in bite-size form so that you don’t have to be concerned with eating a giant brownie!
You can instead have a couple of these little guys, and you won’t be devouring too many calories.
You may be a little hesitant to try avocado in baking, but I swear, the flavor is not over-powering and you really wouldn’t even know it’s in there!
It makes these brownie bites super dense and moist (*shudders* I still hate that word…), and the double dose of chocolate with peanut butter gives them the best, rich flavor.
So, grab a glass of your favorite milk and saddle up to the yumminess!
Double Chocolate Avocado Peanut Butter Brownie Bites Recipe
- 1 Avocado mashed
- 0.25 Unsalted Butter melted
- 0.33 Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 0.5 Granulated Sugar
- 1 Brown Sugar
- 2 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 0.5 Dark Chocolate Chips
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with a fork or a potato masher until creamy.
- Add peanut butter, melted butter, egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Pour batter into each muffin cup, approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.