I can hardly believe that we’re almost to Christmas, and that the new year is right around the corner. Every year flies by faster and faster.
Fall started so late for us here in Florida (it was crazy hot!), so I was having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that winter is actually here.
Sure, I’ve been making holiday treats for the last few months now in preparation for fall baking, but it hasn’t really set in for me mentally!! Know what I mean?
Regardless, it’s the perfect time to share this Double Layer No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake. I’m sure you’re thinking: what does a Double Layer No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake have to do with the holidays???
Well, if you’re anything like my family, this recipe has EVERYTHING to do with the holidays. The creation of this No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake recipe was inspired by two of my family’s favorite, classic, tried-and-true holiday recipes: this Double Layer No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake, and this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe.
BOTH of those recipes are holiday classics to us. The pumpkin cheesecake, for obvious reasons — it’s got pumpkin.
That ingredient alone means that it qualifies as a holiday recipe!! Right??
But seriously, it’s festive and fitting for the season, but it’s great because it’s super simple, no bake, and comes together in about 10 minutes with just a few ingredients.
Same goes for the No Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe. We’ve been making that pie for YEARS and YEARS in my family. My Gma’s been making this for every single holiday for as long as I can remember.
We make that for every family get-together too. It might not seem like a Thanksgiving or Christmas recipe in the traditional sense, but to us, it most certainly is! It’s equally easy, comes together in minutes, and has a short ingredient list.
This Double Layer No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake mashes those two recipes together! It brings together the peanut butter element from that peanut butter pie, but the double layer cheesecake element of the pumpkin cheesecake recipe. You follow?
So the crust of this Double Layer No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a simple store-bought shortbread (or graham cracker — whatever your preference!) crust, but you could certainly make it from scratch if you want to get fancy. I was going for super, super simple!
Then the bottom layer is a quick no bake cheesecake. Creamy, rich, light, and fluffy!
The top layer is a rich, peanut butter mousse. It’s so smooth and creamy, and ultra peanut-buttery.
It’s as easy to make as the recipes it was inspired from, and it definitely works as a holiday recipe, if you’re like us, but it also can be a quick and simple dessert for anytime at all!
Double Layer No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 Reduced Fat Cream Cheese softened, divided
- 2 Powdered Sugar divided
- 2 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Whipped Topping or Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust 10 ounces, or shortbread crust
- 0.75 Creamy Peanut Butter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 12 ounces (1.5 packages – eyeball it) cream cheese til smooth.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar, vanilla, and 8 ounces whipped topping, beating until smooth.
- Spread into the bottom of the crust.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare peanut butter layer.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat peanut butter and remaining 4 ounces cream cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and remaining 8 ounces whipped topping, beating until smooth.
- Spread over the cheesecake layer in the crust.
- Refrigerate to chill.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping, if desired.
- Cut and serve.