Are you an everything bagel fan like I am? Do you even know what it is? Let me share with you.
Everything bagel is a type of bagel you will likely find in your local bakery. It is called this because it is a mixture of all different types of spices like poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, onion and garlic.
But let me tell you it is so much more than that! The spices just make this magical mixture that goes so well with bagels and in my opinion cream cheese.
This is an easy breakfast that I can get on board with!
I am not sure when I had my first everything bagel, but I do know when the first time I had something with the spices on it was.
You can buy cheese that is covered in this seasoning blend and it is the most amazing cheese you will ever taste!
I have a hard time finding it in my local grocery stores but when I do, I feel like I’ve hit the jackpot.
To make these tarts, I used the same filling that I made for these spicy shrimp cream cheese tartlets. It is simply mixing together cream cheese, heavy cream and your seasoning.
To make the puff pastry I did something a little different. Normally I use a sharp knife to score an edge in each pastry as I did here in the these mint chocolate chip puff pastry tartlets.
Then I will press the middle down after the baking process.
This time around I just cut the pastry with my cookie cutter and allowed them to cook.
Then I sliced the pastry in half and topped them with my cream cheese mixture. Simple and easy!
If you are interested in some more puff pastry recipes how about this puff pastry apple slab pie! It has amazing reviews and a kid friendly recipe.
Or try this buffalo chicken puff pastry pizza! Perfect for game day or pizza night!
Everything Bagel Breakfast Tarts Recipe
- 1 Puff Pastry thawed
- 1 Cream Cheese cold
- 4 Heavy Whipping Cream cold
- 2 Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out puff pastry into a 10×13 inch rectangle.
- Cut 12 (2 inch) circles and place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl add cream cheese. Whisk together on medium low until completely incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl half way through mixing.
- Slowly add in cream. Scrape down sides half way through mixing.
- Slowly mix in everything bagel seasoning.
- Turn mixer up to medium high and whisk for 3 minutes.
- Pipe frosting onto the top of each cooled pastry.
- Serve and ENJOY!