I am seriously on a roll with caramel apple related foods lately. Typically it’s all about pumpkin for me this time of year, but GASP… I’m actually more into Caramel Apple than pumpkin.
Of course, I still am enjoying my Pumpkin Spice Lattes; however, unlike the famous place that sells them, we have a local coffee shop that makes the BEST Pumpkin Spice Lattes around. I’m addicted! Plus, I’m shopping local and that is worth it, right? They even have Caramel Apple Cider and that one is my afternoon pick-me-up!
Even better, this coffee shop is conveniently located right next door to my son’s school. Goodbye extra money…
That leads me back to this baked oatmeal. As I sipped on my cider, I started to dream of some delicious baked oatmeal for breakfast with drizzles of caramel and apples. Sounds dreamy, doesn’t it?
It can be baking in your oven in just a few moments too! We love to make baked oatmeal, and then serve it throughout the week warmed up with milk. My entire family loves baked oatmeal so it is always a win in our home. My kids even like to take it in their lunches and eat it like a bar. Their favorite is baked pumpkin oatmeal, but this gluten free baked caramel apple oatmeal is starting to gain steam with them too.
This oatmeal can be prepared the night before, and then in the morning simply put it in the oven right before you start to get ready for the day. It will be ready to go as soon as you are dressed with very little effort on your part. That’s the perfect way to start the morning.
Are you ready for this delicious baked oatmeal? Do you have a favorite version or flavor of baked oatmeal? Share it with us!
Gluten Free Baked Caramel Apple Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 Certified Gluten Free Oats
- 0.25 Brown Sugar
- 2 Baking Powder
- 1 Salt
- 1 Cinnamon Plus more for topping
- 2 Egg
- 2 Milk
- 2 Apple Gala, sliced
- 0.5 Caramel Syrup Plus more for topping
- To bake the oats, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, eggs, milk, and apples in a large bowl and mix well.
- Mix in the caramel syrup.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with additional cinnamon, or sugar if you prefer.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely browned on top.
- Drizzle caramel on top, if preferred.
- Serve with warm milk in the bowl or as is.