I have been making this gluten free baked parmesan chicken recipe, in some version or other, for years! My family always devours it and gives it rave reviews.
The chicken is so moist! Some of the best chicken I have ever had. It is a super easy recipe with very little mess or clean up. No breading station or club hand.
This buttery baked parmesan chicken really is a winning recipe that you will come back to time and time again!
I don’t care who you are, everyone loves chicken nuggets. Or at least, I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t.
Whether you go for nuggets shaped like dinosaurs, straight from your favorite drive-thru (like these amazing homemade gluten free chicken nuggets that are just like Chick-Fil-A), or breaded chicken tenders, I think most people enjoy chicken covered in buttery crunchy crumbs.
My family and I are no exception!
Living a gluten-free life means that usually if I want to eat chicken nuggets, I make them myself. Even though it isn’t hard, I don’t always have the time to hand-dip each nugget in flour, milk, and flour again.
Which is why I love this gluten free baked parmesan chicken. You can use a thin cut chicken breast or you can use chicken tenders (heck, you can probably use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you want to.)
Plus, I made these parmesan tenders dairy free too. I am not a fan of making multiple meals for dinner, so I adapt whatever I am making so that it is gluten free and dairy free so that my toddler and I can both eat it.
Vegan parmesan-style cheese is readily available in natural grocery stores, but you can also omit it or use regular parmesan cheese (which is what I used to do.)
All you need is a small bowl to mix mayo, garlic, and parmesan and a sheet pan (I line mine with foil so that there is less clean-up.)
Place your chicken-of-choice on your baking sheet and spread each chicken cut liberally with the mayo mixture.
Add a sprinkle of breadcrumbs to the top (or don’t, your choice.) and bake it until it is cooked through.
How is that for a finger-licking dinner with minimal effort?
Gluten Free Baked Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders OR 4 thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- 0.33 Mayonnaise
- 2 Vegan Parmesan Or regular parmesan
- 3 Gluten Free Bread Crumbs Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo and parmesan and then liberally spread them on the chicken. Sprinkle with gluten free bread crumbs, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is cooked through, approximately 20 minutes.