Here is another gluten free casserole to add to your dinner repertoire. Gluten free chicken Cordon Bleu casserole! All the flavors of the classic dish, but in an easy casserole form.
I love the flavor profile of chicken Cordon Bleu, it is creamy and rich, with smoky ham and succulent chicken. I put all the classic flavors of chicken cordon bleu in a gluten free quiche last Valentine’s day to go with my classic gluten free red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. It was killer!
A few weeks later I made a 5 minute gluten-free cream of chicken condensed soup substitute (with dairy free option) and have been dreaming up ways to use it ever since. So far I’ve got a gluten free creamy chicken casserole and the classic gluten free tater tot casserole or hot dish, depending on where you call home. Well now I have this gluten free chicken cordon bleu casserole recipe for you!
I know I always am really busy around dinner time, which is one reason I have a growing recipe box of gluten free casseroles. Casseroles are easy to throw together, and often times you can put the casserole together earlier in the day and then toss it in the oven to bake when dinner time gets closer.
Just be sure to put any cold glass pans in a cold oven so that they don’t explode. No better way to ruin the dinner you worked to prepare. Not like I’ve done that before, or anything.
This gluten free chicken cordon bleu recipe has got all of the chicken cordon bleu flavors, but at a fraction of the work. The first thing to do is make your gluten free cream of condensed soup, which only takes 5 minutes. Then you’ve got chicken, some smoky ham, creamy swiss cheese, fresh parsley, and buttery crumb topping. Don’t skimp on those buttery breadcrumbs, they really bring the casserole to the next level!
The gluten free chicken cordon bleu casserole is warm, creamy, oozing with gooey swiss cheese, and the breadcrumbs on top and the perfect crunch. It would be perfect to bring to your next potluck, everyone will love it.
Gluten Free Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe
- Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cooked Chicken Breast Or thighs, diced, rotisserie chicken would work, too
- 0.5 Diced Ham Roughly 8 to 10 slices of ham
- 2 Broccoli Florets
- 0.25 Fresh Parsley Plus 1 tablespoon, chopped and divided
- 6 Swiss Cheese
- 0.75 Gluten Free Breadcrumbs
- 0.25 Butter Melted
- Salt and Pepper To taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix together the prepared gluten free condensed cream of chicken soup and the mustard. Stir in the cooked chicken, ham, broccoli, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease your favorite casserole dish and spread the chicken mixture evenly over the bottom.
- Top the casserole with the swiss cheese slices.
- Mix together the gluten free breadcrumbs, melted butter, the remaining fresh parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. I used probably about ½ a teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Alternatively, use seasoned gluten free breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the buttered breadcrumbs evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite gluten free pasta or rice.