I’m a cookie lover to the extreme. I could possibly live on them, but I’m sure my doctor would have a different opinion on that.
When I went gluten free, I felt like I had lost cookies forever. At that time, although there were a few good gluten free cookie options, for the most part I was limited.
I lived many miles from the health food store that carried them, plus they cost a fortune for just a few cookies! I could never bring myself to spend that much either.
The great thing is, now you can find more options, but also I can easily make them myself since I have learned how to switch out flours and products for gluten-free alternatives.
A few weeks back, I was really craving a cookie that had a little bit of a sweet and salty mix to it. I noticed that I had some extra gluten free pretzels on hand and had the thought of adding those to the chocolate chip cookies.
I love chocolate covered pretzels, so these should have the same taste.
I used my basic gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe, and then simply adapted it by adding in the pretzels. Now, if you are making this gluten free they will be a little bit more of a chewy crunch to them because the pretzels do have a different texture than gluten-filled pretzels.
That did not bother me though, we ate plenty in just a few days! I even gave a dozen to my sister just to avoid eating them all by myself.
My whole family enjoyed these, even my non-gluten free family members.
I made these at just the right time because my daughter just recently decided that sleeping was no longer necessary and that just means that Mommy needs a cookie… lots of cookies!
Ready for a treat today? It’s time to bake!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- 2.25 All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Baking Soda
- 1 Salt
- 1 Butter Softened
- 0.75 Granulated Sugar
- 0.75 Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Egg
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Gluten-Free Pretzel Twists
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Stir together to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing again until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing on low until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips and pretzels by hand.
- Drop dough in tablespoon size on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies and move to wire rack to cool.