I get way too many late night chocolate cravings and I’m much too impatient to heat up the oven. That’s where these gluten-free no-bake cookies come into play! They come together in less than 10 minutes and are relatively healthy for a cookie.
These no-bake cookies are naturally sweetened with honey and have a load of nut butter in them, which in my opinion, is always a good thing. You can use any type of nut butter but I always go with homemade peanut butter. It only requires a food processor and peanuts. That’s it!
Whether you use quick or rolled oats is up to you. I’ve made these with both and while I preferred them with quick oats (that’s what’s pictured), others preferred them with rolled oats. I guess you’ll just have to make these twice to figure out which one your family prefers!
These are also super allergy-friendly. You can use any milk you like, making these dairy-free, and you can replace the honey with agave for a vegan version. But the best part is that these cookies taste like “regular” no-bake cookies. Some people cringe at the thought of a vegan cookie or anything gluten-free, but I promise you, that won’t be a problem here!
Making them is a breeze. All you do is melt and stir the ingredients together and then drop them onto a piece of parchment paper. I have to admit that although the recipe says to let them chill in the refrigerator before serving, I don’t do this. There’s just no resisting warm, gooey, chocolatey dough, right? Because there are no eggs, this is totally acceptable. And encouraged!
Want some more no-bake coconut goodness? Try these coconut balls. They take even less time to put together than these no-bake cookies do. If you’re patient enough to make actual cookies that require baking, these gluten-free coconut cookies are sure to be a hit!
Note: If you need these no-bake cookies to be gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
Gluten Free No Bake Cookies Recipe
- 0.5 Honey
- 0.33 Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 0.25 Milk
- 0.25 Coconut Oil
- 0.5 Peanut Butter or almond butter
- 2 Old Fashioned Oats quick or rolled, certified gluten free
- 0.33 Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.125 Salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix the honey and cocoa powder together.
- Add the milk and coconut oil, stir, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Continuously stirring, let the mixture boil for one minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining ingredients (nut butter through salt).
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a spoon, drop the cookies on a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator and let them firm up for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.