Summer is almost here, which means it’s gonna be erupting peaches all around here in HotLanta!
And I cannot wait.
Ripe, deliciously juicy peaches are hard to beat in flavor.
My daughter and I love to poach ripe peach halves in a water bath with sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and vanilla dropped in for flavor.
After just a few minutes, we rescue those peach halves and remove the skin. The gorgeous coloring of the peach skin is left behind on the peach flesh – which almost makes it hard to sink out spoons into those peaches. But – the key word is almost!
Because, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it is hard to resist those deliciously poached peaches!
But today, I don’t have a recipe for poached peaches to share – but I do have these Nutty Vegan Peach and Raspberry Muffins!
I will be honest and say, I am not a huge fan of vegan baking. In fact, I recently made some Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes for a vegan friend of mine and found them to be too gummy almost.
I have read that flax eggs could lead to this gummy texture.
So, when I made these Nutty Vegan Peach Raspberry Muffins, I decided to lighten up the gummy texture by adding in some almond flour. And, that seemed to work.
These muffins are chock full of walnuts, raspberries and ripe peaches. They are quite filling due to the almond flour in them.
They are perfect for breakfast or a snack. They even pack well if you decide to take with you to enjoy after a summer hike.
Enjoy these Nutty Vegan Peach Raspberry Muffins paired with a hot cup of coffee or a tall cold glass of milk or even an ice cold sparkling beverage for a refreshing summer treat.
Gluten Free Nutty Vegan Peach Raspberry Muffins Recipe
- 0.5 All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour plus 1 tablespoon, I used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
- 0.5 Salt
- 1.5 Baking Powder
- 0.25 Cardamom
- 0.5 Granulated Sugar
- 0.25 Almond Flour I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 Flax Meal
- 3 Warm Water
- 0.5 Almond Milk
- 0.25 Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Fresh Peach cut up
- 0.25 Raspberries
- 0.25 Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cups and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon flax meal and 3 tablespoons warm water to a bowl. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes to make a flax egg.
- In another bowl, add in the 1/2 cup of gluten free flour blend, salt, baking powder, cardamom, sugar, almond flour in a bowl and stir well.
- Make a “hole” in the middle of the dry ingredients and add in the flax egg, almond milk, and coconut oil and stir well.
- Dust the peaches and raspberries with the remaining 1 tbsp of gluten free flour blend and mix them into the muffin mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into muffins cups and bake for 25 minutes.