Doesn’t wine just make everything better?
Butter definitely makes everything better.
Then add some of my personal favorites: capers, lemon, artichokes, mushrooms and maybe some chicken.
And then add some gluten-free pasta, because carbs=love.
This is what you get. Perfection in a bowl!
I made this gluten free pasta with white wine sauce recipe for dinner one night. Then I made it for dinner the next night.
And then I made it for dinner 5 days after that. It is hard to stop eating, it is just so good.
This gluten free dinner will quickly become one of your favorites. It is definitely a go-to on my menu!
You can also easily swap out the ingredients to use whatever you have on hand (or to use whatever you love.)
Let me tell you the secrets to making the most delicious gluten free pasta with white wine sauce of your life!
You can pick your favorite combos of veggies or other mix ins. I personally love the bright acidity of the capers and lemon, with some artichokes and mushrooms to give it a little more substance.
I think some spinach or kale would be great to try!
You have to let the wine reduce or it won’t be thick enough to be a sauce. You also have to make sure you don’t let it reduce too much, because then you won’t have any sauce.
There is a sweet spot. Try to let it reduce until there is maybe 1/4 – 1/2 inch of wine in the bottom of your pan.
The good news is that if you reduce it too much you can just add more wine. And who will complain about adding a little more wine?
Butter and parmesan. They are what magically thicken your reduced wine into a super sexy white wine sauce.
You gently swirl a cube of butter into the sauce after you remove it from the heat so that it melts slowly and emulsifies. Then toss the white wine sauce with the parmesan and the hot pasta.
The parmesan will melt into the white wine sauce which will thicken it up even more as it cools.
Gluten Free Pasta with White Wine Sauce Recipe
- 0.25 Butter Divided
- 1 Minced Garlic
- Sliced Mushrooms Half an 8 ounce container
- 1 Quartered Artichoke Hearts
- 2 Chardonnay Wine Or other white wine
- 2 Capers
- 2 Fresh Parsley Finely chopped
- 0.5 Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Gluten Free Pasta For 4, cooked al-dente
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy bottomed skillet. Add the garlic and mushrooms and saute until softened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts and capers and sauté for one more minute.
- Add the wine and then simmer and reduce until it gets slightly thicker and is reduced to 1/4 its previous volume (about 1/4 – 1/2 inch in the pan.) Add the lemon juice and zest.
- Remove from heat and slowly swirl the remaining 2 tablespoon cube of butter around the pan so that it slowly melts.
- Immediately add the parsley and parmesan and toss with the hot cooked pasta.