I think we can all agree that Spinach Artichoke Dip is a heavenly gift from God, right? Well, my husband and I sure think so, and Food Fanatic too. They’ve got tons of recipes around it, like Spinach Artichoke Dip Stuffed Bread and even Spinach Artichoke Gnocchi.
It’s delicious, creamy and the perfect comfort food. Of course, it’s usually served as an appetizer, but what if it was the main dish? It can be just that with this Spinach Artichoke Chicken, baked up in the oven.
I’ve started to eat less red meat and more chicken, so I had to revamp how I served chicken to get my family fully on board. I’ll admit chicken does get a little boring when you have it most days, but the day it was layered with this dip, there were no complaints.
My picky eaters willingly ate it up, which was another gift from God that day. Maybe it was just my day?
This chicken is prepared simply with a spinach artichoke dip on top. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs because I love that they are juicier than chicken breast. Then, I topped it with a hefty layer of spinach artichoke dip. One the chicken was buried under this cheesy goodness, I baked it in the oven at 400°F for just about 60-90 minutes until the chicken is well done.
Once it’s done, simply serve it topped with the dip and a side of vegetables of your choice. The topping can even be used to dip the vegetables in so it’s an all-in-one meal.
If you really want to be bad you could serve it with tortilla chips, which as much as I want to be healthy, I do love this dip with tortilla chips over any vegetable. My kids though enjoyed it with cauliflower and carrots as the side and I added in some tomatoes too.
Are you ready for a delicious dinner? This Gluten-Free Spinach Artichoke Chicken is just the meal that your menu has been looking for!
Gluten Free Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 0.5 Sour Cream
- 0.25 Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 0.25 Black Pepper
- 3 Garlic crushed
- 1 Artichoke Hearts drained and chopped, 14 ounces
- 8 Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Chopped Spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine. This is easiest done with a stand mixer.
- Once the dip is formed, evenly spread it on top of the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes or until the chicken is at least 165*.
- Serve with the dip baked right on top.