I am not sure when summers got so busy. Between shuttling my son around to golf lessons, band camp, appointments, stem camp and everything else, it seems we are as busy as ever.
Plus, you add vacations in there, and the weeks are just flying by! So, quick dinners are just as important in the summer as they are during the school year.
In the summer, we live on summer grilling recipes. Anything that can be grilled and not heat up the house is an option at dinner time.
I want something I know the family is going to eat, that doesn’t take a ton of time for me to prepare, and then is easy to clean up. Is that too much to ask?
Cilantro lime chicken has always been one of our favorites in the summer. And this chile lime flank steak uses a lot of the same flavors, so I knew my family would love it.
The marinade has a lot of lime juice in it, so you don’t let the flank steak sit in it very long, or it will actually start to cook a little bit. So just 10-20 minutes and that is it.
Flank steak cooks in just minutes. 4 minutes per side if you want medium rare. So you can really have dinner on the table in about 20 minutes!
Can’t beat that on a busy day! Serve with your favorite grilled vegetables, and you will have a delicious dinner with very little clean up!
You can find flank steak on sale for a decent price, so I like to stock up when it goes on sale. Then I can just have it in the freezer for when I want it.
It is great to have on hand for dinner because it cooks so quickly. Be sure to slice your flank steak against the grain, so you get tender juicy pieces of meat every time.
Grilled Chile Lime Flank Steak Recipe
- 0.5 Fresh Cilantro
- 3 Lime Juice
- 1.5 Olive Oil
- 2 Minced Garlic
- 2 Jalapeño seeded and minced
- 0.5 Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Flank Steak
- In a small food processor combine cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, and crushed red pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow dish or a zip top plastic bag. Add flank steak, mixing until well coated. Let set for 10-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high (about 450°F).
- Discard marinade and add steak to the grill. Season steak with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove from heat, and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice flank steak against the grain for tender pieces of meat.