I have the hardest time figure out good lunches these days.
I used to have a system, where I would eat basically the same thing for lunch (some sort of grilled cheese) every day with a varying side of fruit and vegetables. Of course, this routine got old really quick.
Then I devolved to simply devouring leftovers from all my cooking adventures, and while this was delicious, it left me without dinner and a whole new dilemma of cooking for me (plus one).
Discovering grilled avocados was the best moment of the last couple of weeks. I had grilled avocado with some grilled chicken at a local restaurant, and wowza.
The grilled avocado just popped off the plate and the creamy, charred goodness enhanced everything I love about the avocado.
Stuffed avocados haven’t truly been on my radar before, but now that I know the magic of grilled avocados, they are right smack dab in the lunch bulls eye for me.
If you have leftover pulled pork, this lunch is the ideal candidate for the summer months. Simply grill off an avocado, stuff it with pulled pork, peppers and a little seasoning, finishing it off with a drizzle of creamy avocado crema (yes, avocado on avocado IS a match made in heaven).
The overall recipe comes together in just 10 minutes, so it’s great for a quick lunch! Filling, creamy, a little spicy and packed with protein so it’ll keep ya full well into the dinner hours of the evening.
You’ve wanted another reason to bust out that grill, haven’t you?
Grilled Pulled Pork Tex Mex Stuffed Avocados Recipe
- 0.5 Sour Cream
- 0.5 Avocado peeled and pitted
- 0.25 Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Avocado halved and pitted
- 1 Pulled Pork
- 0.25 Red Onion diced
- 1 Jalapeño diced
- Fresh Cilantro chopped
- In a blender or food processor, add ingredients for the avocado crema. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Scoop out 1/2 of each avocado half, leaving a thick border around the edge. Rub each avocado with a small amount of olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add avocados and grill for approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pulled pork, red onion, jalapeño and lime juice.
- Fill the grilled avocado halves with the pulled pork mixture.
- Top with avocado crema and sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.